FR Entertainment System

Mar 11, 2020
Good Afternoon all,

Firstly, big hello to everyone, first post on the forum,

Secondly, I've got my current Ibiza SE Tech on PCH and it's coming to an end in December so looking at replacing it with an FR, however my budget can only stretch to a 63\14 plate model.

I'm not that bothered about the apple link\DAB\satnav etc but 1 question I will ask is does the FR have Bluetooth so I can stream audio via my phone? Also, does the wee screen that sits on the dash come as standard?

Many Thanks in advance for your help.

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
That would be the MK5 pre-facelift Ibiza...I am under the impression that the FR 'may' have that 'garmin' bolt on Sat Nav on FR and Cupra models, as well as their limited edition 30 years trim. Whether they still work or not, I don't know. It might be a false economy to go for a 63/14 plate model (1.2TSI/1.6TD?), where MK5 facelift had everythign bult it. These are 16/66 models though.

ric04vrs

Aug 1, 2016
The Garmin Satnav has Bluetooth, when it works, emphasise on “when” it’s ok, it can be very temperamental though

Teknalogique

Jan 26, 2020
Good Afternoon all,

Firstly, big hello to everyone, first post on the forum,

Secondly, I've got my current Ibiza SE Tech on PCH and it's coming to an end in December so looking at replacing it with an FR, however my budget can only stretch to a 63\14 plate model.

I'm not that bothered about the apple link\DAB\satnav etc but 1 question I will ask is does the FR have Bluetooth so I can stream audio via my phone? Also, does the wee screen that sits on the dash come as standard?

Many Thanks in advance for your help.

Yes, they do come with the Garmin/Navigon Seat PID unit as standard, and that does have built in Bluetooth. I have to say in my experience as with a lot of other people, the Bluetooth is unreliable at best, especially for audio streaming.

You can replace the head unit, but it's not the simplest of things to do by any means, so bear that in mind before you buy.

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
The Bluetooth on our pre-facelift '15 Ibiza's Garmin was fine for phone use ( 2 phones can be paired to it I think), but if bluetooth music isn't satisfactory, it also has a MIcroSD slot which is what we used with 32 or 64GB cards.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members