FR front disks and Pads- Where to buy and size. Ta

krussel

Oct 31, 2008
Hertforshire
Hi.

I did search this but nothing came up.

Been a while since i posted. Iam going to change the front disks and pads on my 2008 FR TDi. Now i seem to rem they are a different size on the FR from the the lesser models so not sure that ebay searchers are coming up correct.

My main Seat dealer has long closed. Can anyone put me in the right direction for some decent quality OEM or Orig disks and pads for thr FR ?

Failing that i will have to try my VW dealer but they can be a bit funny with Seat parts.

Thanks in advance :)

krussel

Oct 31, 2008
Hertforshire
Brembo discs and Pagid pads, ECP or CP4L will sell them.

Thanks. What is CP4L ? Cheers

Ive just had a look on YT at videos and my Calipers look nothing like standard Ibiza items. They have allen key slide bolts fixing th caliper but mine have normal hex bolts ?

Looks like the disk size is also bigger Not sure if its 288mm. Looks like the FR got its own set up.

Last edited:

R3k1355

Oct 30, 2014
Yorkshire
Ive just had a look on YT at videos and my Calipers look nothing like standard Ibiza items. They have allen key slide bolts fixing th caliper but mine have normal hex bolts ?

Looks like the disk size is also bigger Not sure if its 288mm. Looks like the FR got its own set up.

Can you get a picture??

FR got larger brakes than standard cars IIRC, the Cupra got even larger ones with 4-piston calipers.

What is CP4L ? Cheers

https://www.carparts4less.co.uk/

Reactions: krussel

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
I can understand a VW parts place being hesitant to pick the actual part numbers for you as typically SEAT is a bit “slow” to change up to the next brake capacity as the engine power increases!

If I were you, I’d look up a brake parts manufacturer’s website and see what they say is correct dimensions of discs and pads, that normally gives you only one size of disc as opposed to ECP etc offering the choice of 239 and 256 and 288 and 312, which fools too many people.
TMD Friction will give you that info, Pagid are one of their brands, then once you get the disc diameter from there find the equivalent parts on Brembo site, then with the manufactuer’s kit numbers, order from ECP for local “pay and collect” and make sure that the manufacturer’s kit numbers are on the packaging before paying and leaving your ECP branch.

Reactions: krussel

krussel

Oct 31, 2008
Hertforshire
Thanks for the replies.

Ive been looking around all day. Not seen any calipers which look like mine. I need the car fully running next week as well and the discs are bad juddering as well. The caliper bolts have not been touched so are 11 years old and crusty .

So ive bitten the bullet and booked it in the garage. It goes against the grain as ive done loads of brakes inc the rears last year but if the job goes wrong or the parts arrive wrong iam screwed with the misses.

Thanks again.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise