FR Headunit

Kyle Townend

Dec 3, 2005
Hello, just a quicky.

Im advertising my corsa in the hope of selling it ASAP and buying a TDI FR in the new year.

Thing is the CD player in my Corsa is a fairly decent one (Sony cdxm630), and im wondering if it would be worth digging out the standard Corsa cassette player and migrating my HU to the ibiza, or is the Ibiza one a pretty solid HU anyway?

Im not too fussed on "phat sounds" :rolleyes: but I wouldnt want to waste the money I spent on the HU only to downgrade the sound!

Also as nice sounding my headunit it, its not MP3 compatible, so this will also be taken into consideration.

Cheers all, and Merry Christmas!

T. Spark

Merry X-mas to you too!

The FR H.U is pretty good as standard, sound quality aint bad, but is better on a good after market H.U.

I love the MP3 compatible"ness" of the standard H.U and if you get a later model FR it should have steering wheel controls, which look the dogs, and are also useful!

You could always just get a new H.U down the line if u wanted better sound and that would then be MP3 ready aswell, so best of both worlds!

Just my million pounds worth :p

Kyle Townend

Dec 3, 2005
Sir SparkSter said:
Merry X-mas to you too!

The FR H.U is pretty good as standard, sound quality aint bad, but is better on a good after market H.U.

I love the MP3 compatible"ness" of the standard H.U and if you get a later model FR it should have steering wheel controls, which look the dogs, and are also useful!

You could always just get a new H.U down the line if u wanted better sound and that would then be MP3 ready aswell, so best of both worlds!

Just my million pounds worth :p

Ok mate, well as I said im hardly a sound quality enthusiast, so will probably sell the HU with the corsa to save me faffing around!

Anymore input would be appreciated tho :)

Diaman

Sep 28, 2005
I find the HU on my fr good enough! MP3 compatiable, and like sir sparkster said, the sterring controls are ace!

Ol' Timer

Jun 20, 2004
Norfolk
As a matter of interest has anyone noticed how much SEAT charge for a new radio like the Ibiza's? According to the SEAT website it's £381.98! For that money I would hope it's not complete rubbish.

T. Spark

Yes, I did notice...

As my old one decided to stop allowing me to have a CD in, so got in changed over warrenty, and Mike said they were like £350! lol!

MR OBD

Sooty
Apr 22, 2005
Sheffield
yep 350 plus the VAT (for a MP3 one) and about 200 for a normal one

A good headunit will make the standard system sound better but if u aint really that bothered then just keep with the one in the ibiza mate!

Mike

Kyle Townend

Dec 3, 2005
slimjim said:
Take the good HU out of the Corsa anyway.... and replace it with the original. you wont get any more with a good HU in it.

Then you have a nice spare HU... whci his always a good thing ;)

thats a damn good point which i never thought of!

Cheers for all the responses, ive got confidence that the standard seat HU will fullfill my requierments. Cheers!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.