FR = Just cosmetic - Right ?

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
The 1.4 16V petrol engine in the Toca etc is okay for what it was intended to be, ie a local runabout and it is very reliable, which means a lot to some people, plus the Ibiza in low trim tends to be quite light so I've found that it can move about okay, my wife's car is a 2015 Polo 1.2TSI 110PS SEL and my car is a 2011 Audi S4 which has a 3.0 Supercharged engine, and I still find my daughter's 2009 Ibiza 1.4 16V 85PS SC quite enjoyable/acceptable to drive with just 2 people in it.

John Young

Sep 15, 2018
The 1.4 16V petrol engine in the Toca etc is okay for what it was intended to be, ie a local runabout and it is very reliable, which means a lot to some people, plus the Ibiza in low trim tends to be quite light so I've found that it can move about okay, my wife's car is a 2015 Polo 1.2TSI 110PS SEL and my car is a 2011 Audi S4 which has a 3.0 Supercharged engine, and I still find my daughter's 2009 Ibiza 1.4 16V 85PS SC quite enjoyable/acceptable to drive with just 2 people in it.

Well there you go that proves its often down to peoples perceptions really

John Young

Sep 15, 2018
Oh the dual pipes left exhaust are real...I know, coz I have to clean them alot, as soot builds up on the bottom tips, both the bottom tips! Plus condensation comes out of them! Unlike the New Mk6 Ibiza, where the chrome pipes are fake.

At least on mine, 1.0 TSI, cold start exhaust is a lot louder...

Well the car certainly has a cool sound for a little engine, I had twin pipes on my Nissan 200sx and that was a beast and sounded great but the little ibiza sounds impressive even if it isn't [B)]

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Well there you go that proves its often down to peoples perceptions really

Well, my wife used to run a 2002 Polo 9N 5 door 1.4 16V 75PS, that car was loaded up with all the options possible so was quite heavy, as was the Ibiza based on that platform, so as the 6J Ibiza SC is a lot lighter, as is its Polo cousins, and that 1.4 16V engine had gained an extra 9 or 10PS, the Ibiza SC with the 1.4 16V 84PS was a vast improvement, all relative I suppose, though as I said, even now while being used to driving more powerful cars, I still find that Ibiza okay to drive if you stay its intended "use envelope" - I've even driven it on a 95 mile journey and back again and survived.

Driving it around with 4 people in it might not be much fun though!

Before that 2002 1.4 16V Polo, which I factory ordered for my wife, she ran a Fiesta 1.6i with the Zetec engine in it so a 90PS car. My plan was to get her a 100PS Polo 5 door in Sport trim, but when I placed my order that was not an option, I was concerned about buying a car with the then new FSI technology, which would have been a 1.4 16V FSI 85PS, so I opted for the 1.4 16V 75PS thinking that surely at that power output, the low down grunt would be good as would be the fuel economy - wrong in both counts, a big mistake! Still, it served its purpose over 13 years and 105K miles I suppose.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.