Fr pd170 remap

Banxi

So i want a remap but im been told diff things off people. Can i map a fr pd170 with the dpf in?
Thanks

Banxi

Why is it not worth it? Id remove the dpf if it was not so expencive but there is nothing wrong with mine atm

Alzak

Aug 10, 2010
Is not recommended as DPF will get clogged much quicker than now ...

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Go on more bhp website. They have a branch in slough, not far from you. They do DPF removal and remap to 200-210 bhp for £420 all in.

And when you get it RR'd you find out its only making 190-200 max

Me,WeeG and Kilner on here have spent alot of money on PD170 Tuning

Several remaps later, we achieved a realistic 230bhp, all of the maps claiming to be 200-210 made no where near that

Speak to Kilner, hes now running a Hybrid PD170 with MWI, hes spent alot more than i did and knows the ins and outs of the Siemens PPD ECU now

dmorton

Go on more bhp website. They have a branch in slough, not far from you. They do DPF removal and remap to 200-210 bhp for £420 all in.

They're not too far from me, price is good too. Are they recommended by people on here?

Sep 17, 2011
Sorry but that's garbage, I remapped my Mrs pd170 with dpf in and it's a lot quicker since the remap and had no other problems. It may not make over 200 but the torque difference is alot

Alzak

Aug 10, 2010
Sorry but that's garbage, I remapped my Mrs pd170 with dpf in and it's a lot quicker since the remap and had no other problems. It may not make over 200 but the torque difference is alot

It may have a bit more torque but real fun starts without DPF in place ...

/dev/null

Nov 12, 2008

The gear ratio's haven't changed though so a small bph increase can only yield a small torque increase...

Sep 17, 2011
I guess it depends what route the op wants to take. A bit of useable power and extra mpg for little cost or going big mods like you guys, which is big $$$ on pds.

Banxi

I dont have big £££ thats why im looking into not removing the dpf due to it been fine atm. But 420 all in sounds really good for all in

Banxi

It is mainly town and duel carageway but i give it a good 20 30 min run down m/way ones a week

Sep 17, 2011
You could map it ok for less than half that price but if you do want more power after that the dpf needs getting out and the first map will be dead money.

Last edited:

Banxi

Not sure what to do if more bhp can do it all for 420 then thats ace so maybe the beat way to go as the dpf wont cause isues if its not there

Sep 17, 2011
If you can afford it go for it mate but dpf deleting is a mine field as some of the others on this thread can tell you

WeeG

Nov 5, 2008
Largs , Ayrshire
I'm sick to death of talking about dpf deletes. Had mine done 4 years ago as one of the first. Few companies can get it right with the Siemens Ecu regen file. I spent 3k on software /hardware from different companies. ***** IMHO are the best bunch to go for. For realistic figures.?jbs custom code lost all of my respect after spending £1200 yes the syStem worked but they over quoted figures by over 40 bhp.

Advice to all

-( PAY CHEAP, PAY TWICE)

If you want an easy car to tune, don't buy a PD170

Alzak

Aug 10, 2010
I dont have big £££ thats why im looking into not removing the dpf due to it been fine atm. But 420 all in sounds really good for all in

So now You need to answer Yourself why is so cheap?? if You compare this price to most of reputable tuners ??

And why no one from this forum run car DPF deleted by this company...