FR Sport Collected!

Jonathan Bassett

Oct 18, 2018
Been and collected my car this morning and I love it! So much quieter than the Citigo I had previously!
027191AD-505E-4EDE-B55B-EC81714ED14B.jpeg

IanH72

Jan 20, 2019
It looks great Jonathan. I hope to get my Xcellence Lux in the next 3-4 weeks. I’ve never bought a car I haven’t seen or driven so hope I’m not disappointed?

IanH72

Jan 20, 2019
C

You certainly won’t be! They’re great cars
I was lucky enough to test drive the FR sport 115 manual before I ordered my car and was impressed but went for the Xcelence Lux as I wanted the extra kit. I prefer the look of the FR so have ordered the FR’s fake exhausts to be fitted by the dealer and hope the handling is similar to the FR.

Jonathan Bassett

Oct 18, 2018
I was lucky enough to test drive the FR sport 115 manual before I ordered my car and was impressed but went for the Xcelence Lux as I wanted the extra kit. I prefer the look of the FR so have ordered the FR’s fake exhausts to be fitted by the dealer and hope the handling is similar to the FR.
Yeah, that’s the one thing I’m slightly disappointed with, I’d spec’ed rear sensors and had hoped they had rear park pilot on the centre screen but I don’t think it does. I should’ve really done what most of you have, gone for the excellence and spec’d the styling kit.

Apart from that one niggle, I’m very happy with the car. Much more refined than my previous Skoda Citigo!!

Fr2013

Apr 9, 2014
I like that this grey has hints of blue to it. It's very different and suits the car really well!

Also quick question - are cornering fogs turned on?

Jonathan Bassett

Oct 18, 2018
I like that this grey has hints of blue to it. It's very different and suits the car really well!

Also quick question - are cornering fogs turned on?
That’s the first thing everyone says when I’m out and about, “lovely colour, it’s got a nice hint of blue in it”
I don’t think cornering fogs are turned on at the minute, if they are, I can’t tell. But the LED headlights, even around town are amazing! I’m very impressed with them!

nokiauk

Feb 9, 2003
Edinburgh
Pretty much reckon park pilot can be enabled even with rear sensors only.

Cornering fogs are disabled on LED headlight cars but can be enabled, but I’d look to change the bulbs first as the factory ones are yellow.

Jonathan Bassett

Oct 18, 2018
Pretty much reckon park pilot can be enabled even with rear sensors only.

Cornering fogs are disabled on LED headlight cars but can be enabled, but I’d look to change the bulbs first as the factory ones are yellow.
I’ll have to ask the dealership if they can enable it somehow. Like I say, apart from that little niggle I’m very impressed. Digital dash is amazing, engines power is more than adequate and the LED headlights are spot on.

Afew more pictures:
0392D6DD-0F00-4624-A74F-40897BCA1C91.jpeg

59D144BB-6DCA-4DD4-A0E8-BDAC9653C81B.jpeg

Reactions: Dumpling

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
On older SEATS factory fit parking sensors can be displayed on screen. Dealer fit ones cannot AFAIK. (We have one of each).

Fr2013

Apr 9, 2014
That’s the first thing everyone says when I’m out and about, “lovely colour, it’s got a nice hint of blue in it”
I don’t think cornering fogs are turned on at the minute, if they are, I can’t tell. But the LED headlights, even around town are amazing! I’m very impressed with them!

No, that's a good thing... I was asking because it means I now have one less job (turning them off via Carista) to do when I get mine!! I hate them!

Good to hear about the LED lights. We have a Leon FR Tech already and the LED lights on that I presume are very similar, they're light years ahead of standard halogens.

Fr2013

Apr 9, 2014
On older SEATS factory fit parking sensors can be displayed on screen. Dealer fit ones cannot AFAIK. (We have one of each).

Our Leon, a 2017 facelift with rear sensors - doesn't display anything on the infotainment when reversing. I'd have thought park pilot can be enabled but I've never hooked it up to Carista to see.

vc-10

Mar 29, 2016
Weird that. My 2016 Fabia with factory fit rear sensors (but no fronts) has park pilot on the display, as does my mum's 2017 Rapid and her previous 2013 Superb, both of which also had factory rear sensors.

I've a feeling that the park pilot display can be turned off somewhere in the settings, so it might be worth poking around!

Jonathan Bassett

Oct 18, 2018
Weird that. My 2016 Fabia with factory fit rear sensors (but no fronts) has park pilot on the display, as does my mum's 2017 Rapid and her previous 2013 Superb, both of which also had factory rear sensors.

I've a feeling that the park pilot display can be turned off somewhere in the settings, so it might be worth poking around!
So did my Citigo, it had factory fit rear parking sensors and displayed it on the centre screen.
The Ibiza’s are also factory fit. I did have a quick look in the settings for rear sensors and it only listed the volume, tone and lowering entertainment volume.

I have OBD11 but saw someone saying the car recognises and logs that you’ve changed settings so then the dealership could void the warranty. Best bets probably getting in touch with the dealer and see what they say.

farrar

Mar 18, 2005
My 2018 FR has park pilot, although I do have factory fitted front/rear sensors and camera.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.