Fr suspension

ttttttt

Apr 23, 2015
Hi can anyone tell me if the suspension on a Leon fr 150 is as stiff and bouncy as all the reviews say.
Oh got one on order and am a bit worried over made the wrong choice

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
Hi can anyone tell me if the suspension on a Leon fr 150 is as stiff and bouncy as all the reviews say.
Oh got one on order and am a bit worried over made the wrong choice

When I first got my new car (ST FR 150 ACT DSG with 17" wheels) in December 2015 I thought the ride was horrendous compared with my previous car a Golf Mk6 2.0TDI with 18" wheels and sports suspension, but I lowered the tyre pressures to the 'comfort' setting and it felt better but still not as good as the Golf.
Don't know if it's because I have got used to it or whether it's because things have settled in but it feels a lot better now!

ttttttt

Apr 23, 2015
your car is exactly the model i am getting so first thing i will check the tyres , thanks walone

andycym

Sep 28, 2016
I have a 1.4 FR ST with 17“ wheels. It's not uncomfortable, similar to my previous mk7 golf gt also with 17s. Lack of independent rear end is noticeable if you hit a bump mid corner though.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

zzakzz17

Feb 8, 2017
After driving for a month, i have found the suspension to be reasonable and better than expected on a FR

M4tt

Jul 31, 2014
When I first got my new car (ST FR 150 ACT DSG with 17" wheels) in December 2015 I thought the ride was horrendous compared with my previous car a Golf Mk6 2.0TDI with 18" wheels and sports suspension, but I lowered the tyre pressures to the 'comfort' setting and it felt better but still not as good as the Golf.
Don't know if it's because I have got used to it or whether it's because things have settled in but it feels a lot better now!

Hi Walone,

Tyre pressure "Comfort" setting, you mean the correct pressures? The tyre pressures are designed and tested to maximise grip, stability/safety and economy for the laden weight of the car. Hence why diesel engines cars have higher pressures compared to petrol. The 2 different quoted pressures on the fuel flap sticker are by far the best to stick to. So if your going on a trip fully loaded with passengers and luggage then increase the pressures and when you get back and it's just you in the car reduce the pressures, simple really. Most importantly; check the pressures regularly as the state of our roads, speed bumps and enthusiastic driving take there toll.

PS: if your car has different size wheels to the ones it was built with (check the sticker in the boot) then the sticker in the fuel flap won't have the right pressures unless it specifically quotes the tyre size.

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
Tyre pressure "Comfort" setting, you mean the correct pressures?

When I got my new car, I was too scratching my head when I opened the fuel flap...why was there 3 'recommended' tyre pressures?

1 normal tyre pressure for (3 passengers 1 bag) this case, 38/35 PSI
1 'comfort' tyre pressure for (3 passengers 1 bag) this case, 33/30 PSI
1 fully loaded tyre pressure for (5 passengers, full bags) this case I can't remember what it was...maybe 38/38

normal pressure was really harsh for FR suspension...actually car arrived with something like 39.5/36 PSI...so lowered now to 36/33, much better :)...

Perhaps this is only on 40 profile tyres? Old car on 55 profile tyres only had 2 pressure settings.

Last edited:

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
Hi Walone,

Tyre pressure "Comfort" setting, you mean the correct pressures? The tyre pressures are designed and tested to maximise grip, stability/safety and economy for the laden weight of the car. Hence why diesel engines cars have higher pressures compared to petrol. The 2 different quoted pressures on the fuel flap sticker are by far the best to stick to. So if your going on a trip fully loaded with passengers and luggage then increase the pressures and when you get back and it's just you in the car reduce the pressures, simple really. Most importantly; check the pressures regularly as the state of our roads, speed bumps and enthusiastic driving take there toll.

PS: if your car has different size wheels to the ones it was built with (check the sticker in the boot) then the sticker in the fuel flap won't have the right pressures unless it specifically quotes the tyre size.

Yes, I know all this, and I mean the 'COMFORT' setting as stated on the label inside of the fuel flap which has three recommended pressures according to load, all of which are 'correct' depending on vehicle load.

Last edited:

Rif

Jan 22, 2019
My Leon FR came with the 17" wheels (backed up by the code on the options sticker) but I have fitted the optional 18" "performance wheels".

Could someone with the 18" wheel option from factory tell me what their tyres pressure sticker suggests please? Thank you

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
My Leon FR came with the 17" wheels (backed up by the code on the options sticker) but I have fitted the optional 18" "performance wheels".

Could someone with the 18" wheel option from factory tell me what their tyres pressure sticker suggests please? Thank you
You need to say what model FR, is it 3 door, 5 door or ST?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise