FR TDI Advice

I'm toying with the idea of replacing my Ibiza a year early this March due to a new job and just generally wanting a new car! After looking at a few cars and comparing to the FR TDI the Golf mk5 in comparison is rather over priced, i wound by a Octavia but don't like the look of it, a Focus to similar specks is silly money and under powered compared to the FR. The only other car I'm liking is the new Volvo C30 but i feel this will be a bit out of my budget for a TDI and is only three door. So Ive kinda got my heart set on A FR TDI an will be a nice progression from my Ibiza![B)]
Unless any one else wants to put another spanner in the works!

After a reckey to the dealer he has quoted me £3000 deposit and £300 pounds per month (no discount discussed just a fact finding mission) which is very attainable.

Does any one have any views on this price and what sort of discount i could haggle for?

The other thing is what sort of options would people recommend and advise against? Again realistic prices for these as well if you would be as kind please.

The options i'm looking at are:-

Blue-tooth communication pack
Bi-xenon headlights with A.F.S - So what is A.F.S?
Convenience pack
Heated front seats
Electric sunroof - Has any one got any pictures of this option fitted?

Any idea why the FR cant have leather?

What sort of aftermarket mods are people doing to the new Leon TDI?

Cheers Guys:clap:

Last edited:

DanGB

Who need's a Diesel....
Feb 12, 2006
London
The other thing is what sort of options would people recommend and advise against? Again realistic prices for these as well if you would be as kind please.

The options i'm looking at are:-

Blue-tooth communication pack
Bi-xenon headlights with A.F.S - So what is A.F.S?
Convenience pack
Heated front seats
Electric sunroof - Has any one got any pictures of this option fitted?

What sort of aftermarket mods are people doing to the new Leon TDI?

Cheers Guys:clap:

Blue-tooth is good, gives you a bigger info screen on the dash, wish i'd gone for that!
AFS, lights turn when you turn i think!
Heated seats? not sure its worth it unless you have elather, material is never that cold!
Sunroof? upto you, thats a preference thing i think.

Mods wise, I have a petrol, but for you diesel you could get it lowered, or get a remap!

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
I never got offered this

http://www.seat.com/com/generator/su/com/newLeon/site/accessories/sport/MPM/main.html

Dare to unleash the beast that hides beneath the bonnet of your SEAT Leon.
SEAT Accessories has launched the MPM, an engine performance kit for TDI engines which notably improves
the performance and torque of your engine.

Its a bought time Seat got in on this game i know that Audi & Saab have been offering chips that keep original warranty for a while it only makes sense, but and its a rather big but that is on the .com web site and the amount of items on that site that we still cant get our hands on!:ban:

k4ith

Goodson!
Sep 3, 2006
West Lothian
i will never understand it , seeing as the uk is the biggest buyer of performance hatches you would think the marketing folks would on this, I like the leather gear knobs that have the gap thru the middle, wonder if seat uk do them? dont like the FR one doesnt look right to me, but all parts should be freely available to all countries, VW where the same!

Zooneycat

Foxy Chick
Oct 18, 2006
Northampton
I never got offered this

http://www.seat.com/com/generator/su/com/newLeon/site/accessories/sport/MPM/main.html

Dare to unleash the beast that hides beneath the bonnet of your SEAT Leon.
SEAT Accessories has launched the MPM, an engine performance kit for TDI engines wich notably improves
the performance and torque of your engine.

I asked and was told if you have it done, do not tell us. They couldn't do it. I also spoke to the people who do the BTCC touring cars (used to be our business next door neighbours), and again they said they didn't know. I suspect they said no, probably due to the same reaosns Seat said no too.

Shame :(

Audi will do it for £600.

Going to try the Revo Technik guys and see what they can do.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.