fr tfsi 2007 a few problems!!

JUSTME

hello all, Having a few problems lately,
Firstly got the car chiped a few months ago, now 240bhp, it wasnt a branded job like revo etc just some lad tuned it (supposedly) which i feel is half the problem, im very happy with the difference it made, much faster.
First problem mpg 15liters per 100km which i make out to be 18mpg just driving to work and around town
Second problem it seems to loose power completly on the motorway and i need to turn the key on and off to get it back. I asked someone that sells uprated fuel pumps about this problem and he recommened trying the iridium plugs first, this seems to have solved the fuel cuts but now have the misfire on idle instead, its annoying becuase it vibrates the car, it also makes a popping noise from the exhaust with this misfire

I could get the chip removed but id certainly miss the power!!

What you guys think?

Thanks john

DaveysFR

May 28, 2008
Northern Ireland: Limavady
To be honest mate, I would take it to a SEAT dealer and get them to reset the ECU to standard for a fee, then get it mapped by a known ECU mapping company such as REVO, Superchips, APR etc.

Less problems in the long run going down this route, although it will be expensive maybe.

JUSTME

The map wasnt that cheap it cost me 400euro, I didnt realise what i was getting i knew nothing about remaps, the guy had a rolling road and all the gear i just dont feel i got a tried and tested map done. I think he just changed settings and kept testing on the rolling road, eventually got massive amount of torque and 238 hp, The amout of petrol its using seems crazy its like 50% more than it did use

May 25, 2008
S.Wales
www.seatcupra.net
Thats quite odd...
Even when a car is remapped it shouldn't use more petrol like that I mean 50% is bit too much unless your blasting it everywhere in town...
Any other mods on the car? what map did the guy use? How long have you had the map for?
Stage1 remap is normally quite safe for the car and should not require to replace spark plugs etc tho sometimes recommended. Take it back and get it restored sounds like a bad map/chip to me!

jake

I AV MOSTLY BEEN BEATING
Feb 2, 2003
rochdale
Visit site
depends, if they have just upped boost then give it loads of fueling to keep it from melting,

can you not go back and ask to have it put back to standard?

JUSTME

thats the problem i dont know what brand. i think he just adjusted settings rather than applying a map that the likes of revo have spent probably weeks perfecting, Im gonna go talk to him on saturday and see what he suggests, im thinking he has just something way to high like fuel pressure or boost, the car had no problems before the map and was showing 198bhp on the rolling road

May 25, 2008
S.Wales
www.seatcupra.net
whats the standard on your car before you had the remap aswell ? 240bhp...do you have any graphs or data you can add?

Im thinking the same now jake, the map sounds quite extreme...

Poverty

hello all, Having a few problems lately,
Firstly got the car chiped a few months ago, now 240bhp, it wasnt a branded job like revo etc just some lad tuned it (supposedly) which i feel is half the problem, im very happy with the difference it made, much faster.
First problem mpg 15liters per 100km which i make out to be 18mpg just driving to work and around town
Second problem it seems to loose power completly on the motorway and i need to turn the key on and off to get it back. I asked someone that sells uprated fuel pumps about this problem and he recommened trying the iridium plugs first, this seems to have solved the fuel cuts but now have the misfire on idle instead, its annoying becuase it vibrates the car, it also makes a popping noise from the exhaust with this misfire

I could get the chip removed but id certainly miss the power!!

What you guys think?

Thanks john

I dont actually think its your map, think you have a hardware/sensor fault that is intermittent. tell me more about your faults.

JUSTME

ok i scanned the car tonight.

p129f low pressure fuel system- pressure too high
p0087 fuel rail/system pressure- too low
p0100 mass or volume air flow circuit malfunction
p0234 charge pressure control- regulating limit surpassed

Im thinking high pressure fuel pump, Can i get the internals? Could also be just a sensor, Ive had this problem a few months now and ive seen the same sort of faults last time i scanned it, i dont remember seen p0100 before which would probably be air mass meter so dont think thats the problem, I took the car for a long drive over the weekend and had fuel cuts at around 160km/h and fuel econemy was better 11 litres per 100km

Any help much appreciated, thanks

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
Looks like a map issue there with boost limit surpassed.

What I would say is if it was fine before and the cahp who mapped it is understanding is take it to a local dealer. They can reflash it back to standard and shouldnt charge too much to do it and then try your car. If its fine then great, let the mapper know his map needs work. If its not then you have other issues, but seriously im doubting it.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.