FR Useless reversing light

dw911

Mar 30, 2013
Given how shocking my dab signal strength is that wouldn't be a big issue. I can't seem to get any stations anymore.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I've had a few leons and it seems to have got progressively worse with each one, my new one is so bad it looses most DAB stations, often for many miles, depending on where I am in the country, stating to wonder if it's not only the car, but whether they have downgraded the DAB transmission signal strength in some parts of the country, as on my first early 2013 mk3 I got great DAB reception all the time.

Also don't know if it's already mentioned, but there's no need to pay more for a can bus bulb, the reverse light isn't monitored so doesn't matter if it's can bus or not :)

Last edited:

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
I've had a few leons and it seems to have got progressively worse with each one, my new one is so bad it looses most DAB stations, often for many miles, depending on where I am in the country, stating to wonder if it's not only the car, but whether they have downgraded the DAB transmission signal strength in some parts of the country, as on my first early 2013 mk3 I got great DAB reception all the time.

Also don't know if it's already mentioned, but there's no need to pay more for a can bus bulb, the reverse light isn't monitored so doesn't matter if it's can bus or not :)
I know in the Mk3 the reverse led doesn't flash as if its canbus checked When I had the same led in the LCR it used to go off like a camera flash when you first started the car, 2 or 3 times. Made me grin but then that doesn't take a lot...:D

Craig-P

Oct 20, 2016
I need to get one of these!! Couple of quick question's though;

Does changing the bulb effect the DAB signal..?

Is it just a case of swapping the bulb or do you need to change/program via VCDS..?

Thanks

LeonFRTDi

MrGadget
Jan 29, 2005
Northsostishire
so right whats the best LED rep type BULB end of ??
ive tried one from ebay & it ok but nothing that flash.
It was about £10 & the one that was rec a while back.

dw911

Mar 30, 2013
I need to get one of these!! Couple of quick question's though;

Does changing the bulb effect the DAB signal..?

Is it just a case of swapping the bulb or do you need to change/program via VCDS..?

Thanks

For some yes, for others no, may be more to do with how good the dab signal is, ie if your in somewhere like inside the m25 then you might not notice any interference, but in other parts of the country you might,
That's my experience anyway.

No doesn't need coding, just fit and forget, well at least until you select reverse and the radio goes off for the next 5 minutes :D

Stagsfell

Feb 16, 2015
LED fitted

Thought I'd order one of these to avoid running over next door's cat when I back out of the garage, but found they are out of stock of white ones! Guess you guys have cleared them out!

Spotted these were back in stock last week so ordered and fitted one with no problems. Seems a lot brighter though still to try in a really dark car park!

Difficult to see why they fitted such a poor reversing light set up on the Leon - even the Mii has got a pair!

Last edited:

Matt_Beaky

Dec 3, 2016
Surrey, UK
Anybody using these leds:

(link removed due to my membership restrictions) - for rear indicators

(link removed due to my membership restrictions) - reverse light

?

I fitted those indicator bulbs last night. So much better and brighter!

I will be doing the reverse light too at some point!

Last edited:

ajg74

Dec 9, 2016
Manchester
I've just ordered the ebay ones (reversing and rear indicator) that are linked earlier in the thread, I too have issues on early mornings backing out of my drive so looking forward to having a brighter LED! Quick question though, are the front indicators already LED's (with tech pack)? I don't have my Leon yet to check.

ajg74

Dec 9, 2016
Manchester
Yes they are, which is why I wanted to get rear ones, so they match

Awesome, thanks for that!
so from what I can tell the only other bulbs I will need to change for LED's after doing these is the boot light and glove box light (my car has the LED interior pack)?

ajg74

Dec 9, 2016
Manchester
Number plate light, rear and front fogs?

Number plate is already LED as far as I know. Front fogs are something I'll visit later on as I hear one of them is nigh on impossible to change without removing the bumper if you have the winter pack (which I do) due to the bigger washer fluid tank in the wheel well!

Matt_Beaky

Dec 3, 2016
Surrey, UK
I'm not sure my number plate lights are. I'll check at some point.

I don't have the winter pack, but I'm not sure if I'll change the front fogs, as I don't really use them (I'm not a fog light w*****... My biggest pet hate) but then the difference in colour to the LED healights when I do use them affects my OCD!! lol

ajg74

Dec 9, 2016
Manchester
I'm not sure my number plate lights are. I'll check at some point.

I don't have the winter pack, but I'm not sure if I'll change the front fogs, as I don't really use them (I'm not a fog light w*****... My biggest pet hate) but then the difference in colour to the LED healights when I do use them affects my OCD!! lol

I'm with you on the OCD, plus I want to change them so I can re-enable cornering lights with OBDeleven and don't want them looking nasty yellow, can't remember the last time I actually switched on the fog lights in any of my cars!

Matt_Beaky

Dec 3, 2016
Surrey, UK
I used mine last night funnily enough. Was really foggy over my way.

I'm interested in changing a few settings, like cornerng lights etc (I would get LED fogs then), but can't get OBDeleven as I haven't got Android. The other one is expensive too.

ajg74

Dec 9, 2016
Manchester
I don't think I will get LED fogs, I'm pretty sure there aren't any that are legal to use, will go for the MTech super white halogen ones, use some of their bulbs already in my Abarth (am thinking of replacing them all with the orig ones if I can find them before I give it to the dealer when my new car is ready!), find them to be nice and white and long lasting.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members