FR Useless reversing light

ajg74

Dec 9, 2016
Manchester
I've seen the front fog LED's on sites, how do you know if they're legal or not?

Will look into the HID ones

Last I heard is that there are no LED bulbs type approved for use in front fog light in the EU, though some new cars now have them as standard (the facelift Clio RS is one), 3rd party LED bulbs would need to go through the approval process, is due to the beam type etc.

ajg74

Dec 9, 2016
Manchester
Yeah, they have a blueish tinge around the edges of the beam but would look much better with the LED headlights than the standard yellow ones!

Matt_Beaky

Dec 3, 2016
Surrey, UK
I have just looked up MTec, and can only find 100w ones which they state are 'off-road' purposes only

UPDATE: Ignore that, I've found 55w ones

Last edited:

Curtly

Jun 5, 2015
Essex
Fogs are H8.

I've heard nothing about led fogs being a illegal. In fact the facelifted leon comessage with them as standard on the Fr.

Also I will say that only led fogs will give you the correct colour match to the led headlights

dw911

Mar 30, 2013
I don't think I will get LED fogs, I'm pretty sure there aren't any that are legal to use, will go for the MTech super white halogen ones, use some of their bulbs already in my Abarth (am thinking of replacing them all with the orig ones if I can find them before I give it to the dealer when my new car is ready!), find them to be nice and white and long lasting.

A word of caution, a lot of these - well from my experience anyway - incandescent bulbs that purport to give a super white light and match the whiteness of an led don't last very long, worth bearing that in mind as the fog light bulbs are not a quick 30 second change over.

As for leds in your front fogs and the mot, as long as they don't show a blue tint, you shouldn't have any problems and as you got led headlights and led DRL's the fogs being led won't look out of place to the mot tester.
They are more interested in colour tint, than they are what type of bulb it is I. E to much blue or purple

lil3520

IBIZA 1.9 TDI SPORT 08
Nov 26, 2006
ALCESTER, WARWICKSHIRE
864239ddfb5e5a12307e0ddda055aa92.jpg
07eb6dc7e5a7651587b39eaa71f40343.jpg

Does the job! ;)

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

That's very bright.
Andy

lil3520

IBIZA 1.9 TDI SPORT 08
Nov 26, 2006
ALCESTER, WARWICKSHIRE
I bought the one that Veno posted back at the start of the thread: (http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/382-Twenty20-Cree-LED-12V-P21W-Canbus-Bayonet-Bulb.html)

Dead easy installation, no tools needed, you slide back the small cover in the boot that's behind the light cluster, then the bulb holder is visible, it just pulls out (by pushing two tabs apart) and then you just unplug the bulb and slot the new one in. Takes 3 seconds, bobs your uncle and Charlie's your aunt :)

No errors at all, nice and bright, and really smartens up the back of the car with the white light.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Would that bulb fit my mk 5 Ibiza 1.2 tsi. 14 plate.

Andy

generationgav

Feb 7, 2013
Auto Bulbs Direct should have the White Reversing light back in stock around end of Feb.
Is it a big difference even if I don't do the VAGCOM hack to increase the power?

Also - does anybody know which LEDs on their site is suitable for the boot? The light in there is a bit disappointing.

Finally - the rear indicators really not LEDs on the LED car?

goss008

Dec 26, 2015
Got a led bulb for reverse light on my seat leon fr 184 2014 plate,the bayonet I'd a lot smaller than the filament bulb in the tailgate, can somebody please help with a solution.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.