FRCR170 TO A FORGED CUPRA BLIMEY!!

Hamzah Awan

Sep 4, 2018
Just sold my CR170 cupra R rep and bought myself a forged cupra awaiting some more mods

OLD
white leon 1.jpg
white leon 2.jpg
white leon 3.jpg
white leon 4.jpg

turbo back exhaust stage 1 from DKU performance

moving on

NEW CUPRA
BABY 1.jpg

BABY 2.jpg

FORGED STAGE 2 FROM R TECH

TIME FOR
HPFP
DV+ (HEARD ITS GOOD OPINIONS)
TT420 TURBO
UPRATED CLUTCH
INTERCOOLER
LETS GOOO!!!!

Hamzah Awan

Sep 4, 2018
I wanna lower it how uch do you guys think i want it nice n low no scraping though and some spacers 10 mm on the back 5 mm on the front what do you think

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
What HPFP you thinking of doing? I went LOBA and it's brilliant. But obviously more pricey than just getting internals. I'm on the fence about the DV+, whilst I've heard it's good. I also read it needs removing and lubing up 2-3 times a year. Which I'd likely forget. Intercooler, have you looked at Wellycoolers? Cheap and work brilliant.

Just checked my spacers... I'm running 8mm front, 12mm rear. But that's 19" wheels. I went with the H&R Lowering springs, they perform well, but not very comfortable. I'm considering going KW V1 or Eibach Pro Street S.

Hamzah Awan

Sep 4, 2018
What HPFP you thinking of doing? I went LOBA and it's brilliant. But obviously more pricey than just getting internals. I'm on the fence about the DV+, whilst I've heard it's good. I also read it needs removing and lubing up 2-3 times a year. Which I'd likely forget. Intercooler, have you looked at Wellycoolers? Cheap and work brilliant.

Just checked my spacers... I'm running 8mm front, 12mm rear. But that's 19" wheels. I went with the H&R Lowering springs, they perform well, but not very comfortable. I'm considering going KW V1 or Eibach Pro Street S.

i was thinking going autotech and yeah ive got the wellycooler mounted just need to plumb it in and my alloys are 18s so yeah i might also go KW V1

Hamzah Awan

Sep 4, 2018
950 all in for the lot

Ideally wanted 1100 but being as you have nuxy then i can allow her to have it cheaper lol

All 4 airlift bags and struts
V2 management
2 viar 380c compressors
5gallon tank
And prefabricated boot build

bagged fr , k1 rep , 19s
2f7bbd03560328928c86d35eb43f7f44.jpg
ill have a think because atm im just tryna make her faster but dont worry ill let you know

Hamzah Awan

Sep 4, 2018
Guys my fan isn’t working of the car I was sitting in traffic and the car just overheated do any of you guys have an idea of what this could be

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
With the engine off, can you easily turn the fans by hand or is there resistance? Also, if you put the electrics only on and turn the A/C on, does one / both of the fans move?

Leeoncupra

Feb 12, 2017
Halesowen
With the engine off, can you easily turn the fans by hand or is there resistance? Also, if you put the electrics only on and turn the A/C on, does one / both of the fans move?
I deleted the ac as the condenser was rotten. I fitted new fans which spun freely and i tested them off 12v to prove they worked before i fitted them. The fans never worked for me since i had the car but it never overheated once. The guy i sold it to had it in april so its had 5 months of mystery to whats gone on with it . I took self pride in building that car and was honest with the guy i sold it on too. I spoke with the new owner and he confirmed the dipstick was empty when he checked. Shame really as spent over 4.5k on that car

bagged fr , k1 rep , 19s

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
I took self pride in building that car and was honest with the guy i sold it on too. I spoke with the new owner and he confirmed the dipstick was empty when he checked. Shame really as spent over 4.5k on that car

Oh :censored:. Yeah, that's a really shame. Hopefully it can be put back on track. Worth checking the coolant level as well? The good thing I like with these cars is the protective cover under the engine is a varitable CSI of what's leaking from where. Just shining a torch down the front makes it easy to spot major oil or coolant leaks.

Hamzah Awan

Sep 4, 2018
Oh :censored:. Yeah, that's a really shame. Hopefully it can be put back on track. Worth checking the coolant level as well? The good thing I like with these cars is the protective cover under the engine is a varitable CSI of what's leaking from where. Just shining a torch down the front makes it easy to spot major oil or coolant leaks.
I’m just gonna check sensors and fuses and stuff like that and put fresh coolant in get my intercooler plumed in and should be sweet hopefully

Reactions: Leeoncupra

Hamzah Awan

Sep 4, 2018
image.jpg

Guys this came out of the coolant tank does anyone know what this is
82F11ABA-E03E-4558-B0B2-4E7914F0691E.jpeg

Attachments

• 49F5B980-BF67-47F9-A1FD-F478EC252406.jpeg
    49F5B980-BF67-47F9-A1FD-F478EC252406.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 84

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Looks like a strainer that goes over one of the tubes to stop crud being drawn into the coolant system.

Hamzah Awan

Sep 4, 2018
went to a mechanic and he said when the car overheats blast the heaters if the car cools down its the thermostat what do you guys reckon

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Hmmm, not sure how that proves it's the thermostat. But switching the heater on full effectively makes the heater matrix act like a second radiator, so least it should get you where you need to go.

I thought when the thermostat was faulty, the temp guage would be wrong (ie not where it usually sits).

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise