FREE AURA RADIO CODES! North-West

Discussion in 'Leon Mk1' started by jonesy118, Nov 11, 2010.

1. jonesy118

jonesy118 Full Member

Right,

I'm not sure how many people here run the OEM headunit, but it maybe useful to some people on here, that I am offering a decoding service FREE OF CHARGE.

You may notice in the Aura booklet it has the following paragraph...

[​IMG]

Unfortunately though, this isn't the case with most stealers and they want to charge £20+ as opposed to "without any expense"

Codes cannot be calculated by the stereos serial number, so I can not do it over the net and can only do it if your willing to drop by mine (Cheshire) with the stereo, so I can read the EEPROM.

[​IMG]

Just drop me a PM and I'll be glad to help.

2. lc_allan

lc_allan Northern Monkey

I don't have a standard unit no more but that is a kind offer for forum peeps :clap:
    Maybe should have posted in general other than the MK1 forum :)

3. STUSSY

STUSSY W111YDE

If only it was a week earlier lol I had mine done last week cost me 6.59p from SEAT so not that bad really had to wait for 30mins tho gave me time to look around he new cupra looks like a standed one apart from the rear

4. jonesy118

jonesy118 Full Member

Thats not bad.. even though the handbook says it should be free.. I got quoted £22 I think it was, so I just got a PIC programmer and 8-pin test clip for about £5 :) and worked out how to decode it for myself.

Mods feel free to move this if it'd better suited elsewhere

5. ijmok

ijmok Full Member

Hi,

Where did you get you Programmer and Clip for £5?

cheepest i can seem to find is

£15 - prgrammer
    £12 - Chip

Rob

6. oldman

oldman Senior Member

theres another guide similar to this on here some where

7. jamie1

jamie1 Full Member

i maaged to get my radio code for free using only my serial number off an internet forum called digital kahos :)

8. leons_ leon

leons_ leon BYE BYE GTI

I got mine done for free, i rang up seat customer care and told them what it said in my hand book about it being free and they arraged to get it done for free with my nearest dealer, the dealer was not happy lol:p

9. LEE69

LEE69 Stage 2 Revo'd

Just looked and they are saying you need the above reader point us to the thread please
    :lol: result

10. jamie1

jamie1 Full Member

there wasn't a thread, managed to get talking to someone and they helped me out. dont have a clue how they got my code but they did :)

#10 jamie1, Jan 11, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2011
  11. Ronin225

Ronin225 Senior Member

Does this only work on the original code as mine was recoded just before buying and they never gave it to me

12. brunty

brunty Guest

I've got a Leon 20VT and my local dealer wanted 60 quid even after I showed him the paragraph shown at the top of the page but I've just come off the phone with a VW dealer and alsong as I bring proof of ownership (V5) they will do it free of charge. Happy days

13. Robbie Romero

Robbie Romero Full Member

Hi,

As these are sold old now, it can be cheaper to buy a second hand Seat headunit WITH its unlock code.

14. Tucks

Tucks Guest

**Mod Edit*..

Please, at least take a cursory glance at the rules youve obviously just read to agree to follow once joining the forum.. (as a pointer, see JIMMY BIGPANTS )

Thank you.

#14 Tucks, Sep 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2012
  15. jonesy118

jonesy118 Full Member

Yes I can provide your unlock code. You'll either need to post me your unit along with enough cash for me to post it back to you, or youll need to drop it off with me for a day or so and collect it.

16. jonesy118

jonesy118 Full Member

Late reply here Ronin.. Doesnt matter about whether its the original code or if its been recoded, I can read it. Can also write an empty dump to the chip to permamently remove the code, since nobody bothers nicking OEM stereos anymore

17. SEAT Leon Cupra R Radio Code

Dear All,

I have the standard cassette head unit with my 52 plate cupra and want to put it back in. Unfortunately, the previous keeper lost the code. My local dealer want £25 to get a code, and I was restrained in my response, "No, thanks..!"

My radio number is : SEZ2Z6B1711546

Can anyone help me please..?

Thanks