Free flow exhaust with the dpf

Ieuz

Hi guys I've got a leon fr (60 plate) dsg 170 looking to put a longlife duplex exhaust will this cause any particular problems with my dpf ??

WeeG

Nov 5, 2008
Largs , Ayrshire
Hi guys I've got a leon fr (60 plate) dsg 170 looking to put a longlife duplex exhaust will this cause any particular problems with my dpf ??

As long as its catback you will be fine. Pointless but fine lol:)

Last edited:

DerbyForget

Apr 1, 2012
Burton on Trent, Staffs
^^^ what he said, really no point in fitting an aftermarket exhaust to a diesel really unless for performance reasons and a cat back system isnt performance related in the slightest lol

Ieuz

I just want it for looks more than any thing really I know it won't be as loud as petrol but will I get any noise from it at all ? 170bhp is enough for me power wise I'm only 20 lol

Ieuz

So really no point getting one then is there ? They said it would increase my
Fuel consumption ? Would there be any sort of turbo noise or that pigeon noise from it ?? Sorry for all the questions not had a diesel before not had it long either my c2 was so easy to do up compared to this lol

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
No pidgeon noise and i really cant see it decreasing fuel consumption at all unless you drive it harder

Its all about the downpipe

DerbyForget

Apr 1, 2012
Burton on Trent, Staffs
the OP actually said it would increase fuel consumption lol but no in all seriousness it would make no difference to your fuel consumption and in cat back form would make absolutely no difference to exhaust noise a[art from maybe making the tractor like sound a little louder.

with the DPF removed and a milltek fitted i could hardly hear a difference in noise apart from it making the turbo whistle slightly louder and a very marginal deeper note on acceleration.

its really not worth it mate talking from experience.

if you wanted an engine that sounds good diesel is definately not the way to go, unless you get one of those audi's with the 3.0L V6 TDI :)

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Suprisingly if you fit DPF Delete pipe+ Cat Back the car WILL be louder

Just you wont hear it in the car, if you fold down rear seat's and remove spare wheel you will hear the difference

I ran Milltek DPF Delete pipe + Non-Res cat back for over a year and it was different then i fitted Milltek DPF Delete pipe + Scorpion 3" Pipe (No Boxes at all) and that was super loud

Ieuz

Okay cheers guys I may look to getting rid of the dpf but not in a real rush, bit
Gutted in a way the noise my c2 made was awesome and it was only a 1.4 guess that's the difference with diesels :L

DerbyForget

Apr 1, 2012
Burton on Trent, Staffs
im not sure how clean the CR engines run, i dare say alot cleaner than the PD but when i had my dpf removed even with stage 0 still produced a bit of soot, i think because the engine is producing 170PS then the by product is soot, dependent on the colour of car you have it might be something to think about as with the DPF removed all the soot that would be normally filtered out usually ends up on your rear bumper. to the point where i couldnt live with it. but if you have a black car or your not too particular then go for it but just for a slight increase in noise i would say its a big expense and pain in the back side

there are alot of people on here really interested in modifying and forgive me for sounding like an old man at this point but i personally think the FR is a cracking car in standard guise. i spent a lot of money trying to turn it into something its not and in the end returned it to standard.

thats my 2 pence worth anyways

Ieuz

It's a candy white and I clean it every other day pretty much lol I hate it dirty, yeah it's a stunning car I'm not doing silly stuff to it just the odd bits and bobs the suttle stuff is always the best :)

Willz17

Jun 27, 2012
South Wales
Hey dude,

Mines slightly different as i have the PD Engine.

But I got my DPF removed and everything from the downpipe back changed 2.5" custom stainless steel exhaust. Sounds good tbh, not to loud, but there is a sound difference!
Best part is no motorway drone =]

Oh forgot to mention in that video im running stage 1 map also at 208bhp

check out this link, page 3 post number 52. http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=362072&page=3

I got 2 videos there standstill and pull away.
Hope these give you an idea on how it will sound

Last edited:

Ieuz

Okay cheers I'm thinking if a re map but I'm a little hesitant with the dsg not sure if it would be okay or not going up to a 210bhp lol

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.