Freetrack buyers guide

Dawesy

Hi All
I'm lookign for one a freetrack diesel, the prices seem to be dropping at the mo' so even more interested!

Is there anything I should look out for?
I've heard about issues with the Haldex system, but what else could be worth looking out for?

Cheers
Will

jamborino

Aug 3, 2009
The engine isn't the most refined diesel in the world, it sounds as clattery as a taxi (particularly on these winter mornings), but if you can live with that it's a fine car.

Had mine new since June 2009. Apart from a couple of minor niggles that the dealer has sorted out under warranty I've not had any problems - done about 6000 miles now.

I'm interested to know what you've heard abut the Haldex system?

twistandgo

Hi there,

Well we have had our 57 plate Freetrack now for 18 months and really cant find any major fault with it.

As above, yes the engine is a bit rattly but ours has now done 27K miles and would say that if anything its quieter and smoother now than it has ever been. Granted on a cold morning it still sounds like a tractor !! but it soon goes away.

Not had any problems with the haldex system at all so would also be interested to hear what you have heard. Ours has been great in the snow the last couple of weeks and hasnt got stuck once. The new tyres on the front really made a difference this year as last year it was struggling with the deeper stuff on an incline.. but this year... its been sailing through..... still... if I wanted uber grip in the winter, could always put on semi off road or snow tyres !!! which you dont really need with it.

By the way...Our next door neighbours have an X-Trail and they got stuck.. (we didnt) and our house has a steeper drive than theirs.

Its also a great load lugger, comfortable on ong journeys, reasonably economical and with the ipod connected to the screen in the back, the kids are happy enough on a 6 hour journey to the in laws !!

Gets 36-38 mpg or so on a motorway run with 80 dialled in on the cruise control.

ALTEA DUDE

2.0 TDi Sport
Sep 14, 2005
Has the Freetrack been ditched now? Cant see it on the SEAT website. Maybe its to make way for the Tribu.

Shame they never stuck a DSG in it or I could have been tempted.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.