Fresh Air Temp Sensor

lancockpaul

Jul 8, 2014
Hello
Can you point me to info on replacing the G89 fresh air temp sensor please? Without removing the dashboard :)
Is it possible to reset it via VCDS?
Many thanks
Paul.

Address 08: Auto HVAC Labels: 1K0-907-044.lbl
Part No: 5P0 907 044 B
Component: ClimatronicPQ35 006 0203
Shop #: WSC 00000 000 00000
VCID: 2F6D0D02BE6E243A09-807A

1 Fault Found:
00787 - Temperature Sensor in Fresh Air intake duct (G89)
010 - Open or Short to Plus

lancockpaul

Jul 8, 2014
Hi
Still trying to get this sensor replaced. Any info on where the fresh air intake duct is located would be much appreciated?

Thank you

Hawkers

Nov 7, 2015
Norwich, UK
Workshop guide says it involves some work...
Capture.JPG

jonny76

Sep 6, 2013
Yes, thanks. I've seen that as well. The manual does say that part way through MY06 that it changed, and an error may be thrown up. I've got the glovebox out, and have removed the heater fan, looked inside intake, hoping I can prove the sensor is or isn't there, before I consider dismantling half the car!
The issue I have is that the climate can be set to 22°C, and sometimes pushes out cool air, and other times pushes out warm. Seems as though this sensor could be the issue. Unless of course its the dash vent temp sensors, and my OBD2 tool isn't reading it properly.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Last edited:

jonny76

Sep 6, 2013
I'll have a look cheers, I figured that, but this is pumping out cool air into a cool cabin, on a cool day, then does warm air on the same cabin conditions.
I did wonder what else is going on with the system, as sometimes the a/c doesn't demist (in cool damp conditions) or cool down (in warm sunny conditions) for maybe 10-15mins after the car is running. Also in the summer heat, sometimes I've had maximum fan speed through dash/face vents only, but it feels like a hamster blowing the air!!
Might have to tap up a mate with VCDS.

Hawkers

Nov 7, 2015
Norwich, UK
Yeah that doesn't sound normal to me. So if you turn the fan speed right up manually does it blow out fast or really slowly even on highest setting?

jonny76

Sep 6, 2013
It blows out slow, but the fan is a full speed (you can hear the difference in fan noise). Oh, and the AC pipes under the bonnet are all covered in frozen condensation. Can't remember exactly what conditions that is in though. I've seen the AC pipes on my MK1 Cupra have condensation on, and that had working climate with no issues, but never frozen.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.