fresh paint

Feb 20, 2005
Telford ay it...
Hey all,

The bizas gettin a fresh lick of paint next week and i want to keep it looking like the day it was painted. im a conplete novice when it comes to properly cleaning a car. I can keep it nice and clean but it gets done the simple way.

What products are recomended etc?
How long should i leave the paint before doing anything to it?

Any advice will be much appreciated :D

Cheers

mark@carsparkle

Abnormally Large Member
Aug 9, 2005
Cold North
www.carsparkle.com
There are a couple of different schools of thought on that one, some people say that your car should not see any form of polish for at least a few months. Other people say that it should not be a problem because your car will normally be polished after the paint job anyway to remove any imperfections.

If you do use any product on your car then stick to chemical cleaning agents that leave a durable seal on the car as this will free the bodywork of contaminants and also apply a bit of protection against the current set of harsh weather conditions such as grime, dirt and more importantly salt.

It just so happens that I stock this stuff and it is called CarLack-68 SC. ;) :D

Feb 20, 2005
Telford ay it...
cheers for the advice, looks like ill be putting an order in with you ;)

so just stick to that cleaning agent for a month or so then i can start applying wax? p21s sounding like top stuff.

mark@carsparkle

Abnormally Large Member
Aug 9, 2005
Cold North
www.carsparkle.com
jenk said:
cheers for the advice, looks like ill be putting an order in with you ;)

so just stick to that cleaning agent for a month or so then i can start applying wax? p21s sounding like top stuff.

Hi Jenk,

you can apply wax directly on top of the Car-Lack68 SC at any time as the CL68SC acts as a protective sealant. Also, P21S Wax is completely non abrasive as it is not a polish so it should be relatively safe to apply to fresh paintwork anyway.

One common trick by detailers is to use CL68SC as a base coat and then multi layer P21S wax on a weekly/biweekly basis to build an unbeatable wet look finish. eg Wash, CL68SC, P21S, wait one week to 1 month, Wash, Apply P21S, wait one week to 1 month, P21S .. and so on). Some guys even multi layer the wax over a period of a weekend (recommended minimum wait period is 24 hours per layer).

However, you can not multi layer CL68SC as it contains cleaning agents so if you attempt to reapply it then you will probably end up removing the previous layers. This is normally done every 3-5 months depending as the wax layers may have absorbed a nominal amount of contaminants in that time so it may be worthwhile reapplying CL68-SC and starting again.

Mark

Mark

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.