Front Aero Wipers Smearing

McCann87

Mar 5, 2009
Middlesbrough
Just bought some new aero wipers and fitted them yesterday but im still getting smears accros the screen off them!!

I've tried washing my screen with hot water and soap to get any grease that may be on there off, but still continues to happen!

Any idea's

McCann87

Mar 5, 2009
Middlesbrough
Will give the glass cleaner a try....vinegar???

Only happens with the drivers side and when its on its way back down

It was doing it with my old wipers... but thought that was due to them being crap :cry:

Last edited:

McCann87

Mar 5, 2009
Middlesbrough
Will try that tonight then

Not the biggest problem and doesnt bother that much but just find it odd that only the one side smears when theyre on the way back down

On a side note, ordered the skoda kit today for the rear wiper :funk:

Gordz

Caught The Mod Bug Again!
May 31, 2007
North East
Could be dirty washer bottle?
Had this problem on mk3 Ibiza and just cleaned out inside of bottle and wasn't smearing anymore. Must have been dirt mixing with the water. Maybe the same has happened to yours?

McCann87

Mar 5, 2009
Middlesbrough
Could be, will wash the bottle out too, although with it only happening on one side its abit odd that its not on the other side :think:

Will clean the washer jets too

Whats the best way of washing the water bottle?

Gordz

Caught The Mod Bug Again!
May 31, 2007
North East
I took it out and just washed it with fairy liquid. Worked well.
Yeah I cleaned out my washer jets too, amazing how much more water I got squirting out after a decent clean.

Have you also looked at cleaning where the wiper rests? Along bottom of screen and even below that on the plastic can get pretty dirty and wipers can pick up crap from there too.

Slightly off topic but..... My washer water stank of eggs when I first got my Leon, so I emptied the bottle, filled it with Detol and nearly boiled water and washed it all through. Filled it back up with cold water. Washed that through, then back to normal fluid, being excellent eversince :D

Ben

McCann87

Mar 5, 2009
Middlesbrough
Right, when I get home think I'll:

Clean the glass with glass cleaner
Wipe the glass & wipers with vinegar
Clean plastic tray & where wipers rest
Empty washer bottle & fill with a mix of hot water & bleach
Run this through system until empty
Check nozzels to check if they're now unblocked, if not clean them with a pin
Run cold water through the bottle/washers
Fill with screenwash & water

That sound about right?

McCann87

Mar 5, 2009
Middlesbrough
Just to say got this working fine now no smears, the vinegar + cleaning out the wash bottle seemed to work....

Just dont make the mistake in using too hot water as it appears my pipe has came off the washers! :censored:

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.