Front and rear seat badge removal

LiamCupra290

Mar 11, 2016
Afternoon all,

Anyone know if there are guides knocking around for removing the front and rear Seat badges? I've purchased new ones and sprayed them black, just need to swap out now! Cheers

dave_c

Oct 3, 2016
Not sure on the front one, but the rear badge is just stuck on. Can heat it up and then use the trick with a piece of cotton to cut between the two. Unless theres an easier way

LiamCupra290

Mar 11, 2016
Not sure on the front one, but the rear badge is just stuck on. Can heat it up and then use the trick with a piece of cotton to cut between the two. Unless theres an easier way

The rear seat S logo is built into the boot catch, had to buy a whole new handle and I'm assuming it's just a case of removing the boot lid trim but didn't want to jump in without knowing exactly what I'm doing!

dave_c

Oct 3, 2016
The rear seat S logo is built into the boot catch, had to buy a whole new handle and I'm assuming it's just a case of removing the boot lid trim but didn't want to jump in without knowing exactly what I'm doing!

Oh yeah sorry mate was thinking about the cupra badge! Have you gone matte or gloss black?

petrolpants

Dec 10, 2016
Any updates how you did with the front badge? Have seen a few pictures of black seat badges in the back as well, how does one change that since its a handle?

applz

Mar 19, 2012
Finland
Hi
This is for the FR, but I assume the setup is quite similar.
I can't send pictures or links, but if you add after -forums- in the address bar showthread.php?t=407064, there are good instructions on how the grille is set up.
The front badge is "clipped" in. There are two longer guiding pins on the back side, and two clips (hooks) on each of the 4 sides around (These need to be pressed towards the middle). The badge was so tight I actually ended up removing the grille (and that meant the bumper) and pushed the clips in from the back side (since the frame around was also changed).
Instagram - dasilfva, and scroll down a bit to see the result.

The rear badge was easy to swap with the whole handle. First remove the inner trim. It is clipped from the sides. If I remember correctly there are two bolts holding the trim. The liner is basically the lower half of the trunk liner. There are tree bolts that draws the badge against a metal "back plate", that keeps the badge in place. The badge has a long plastic pin that keeps the metal back plate at it's place before tightening.
(P.S When swapping the boot badge, one might also want to do a rear wiper removal). ;)

Last edited:

LiamCupra290

Mar 11, 2016
Sorry for not realising people had asked how this went!

Front badge you can open the bonnet and remove a piece of trim which goes over the top edge of the bumper, with that out the way as described by applz it's fairly straight forward if a bit fiddly. Two clips per side push them in while levering out the badge from the front did the trick.

Rear badge the bottom piece of trim on the boot lid seemed to only be held in with clips, then it's a simple job of removing the 3 nuts holding in the boot catch.

I'm not sure how to post images but I think the end result was good, I'm on instagram if you search liamstidolph92 there's some pictures of a few bits I've done! :)

Redline

Nov 3, 2016
Sorry for not realising people had asked how this went!

Front badge you can open the bonnet and remove a piece of trim which goes over the top edge of the bumper, with that out the way as described by applz it's fairly straight forward if a bit fiddly. Two clips per side push them in while levering out the badge from the front did the trick.

Rear badge the bottom piece of trim on the boot lid seemed to only be held in with clips, then it's a simple job of removing the 3 nuts holding in the boot catch.

I'm not sure how to post images but I think the end result was good, I'm on instagram if you search liamstidolph92 there's some pictures of a few bits I've done! :)

Did you change instagram name? I want to take a look :)

Redline

Nov 3, 2016
Did anyone try these?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Folie-Emble...249616?hash=item3f72efacd0:g:jwcAAOSw-0xYbkuD

s-l1600.jpg

LiamCupra290

Mar 11, 2016
I'd say your best bet is buying some from Seat and spraying them yourself. Really not too hard to make a good job of it!

Redline

Nov 3, 2016
I'd say your best bet is buying some from Seat and spraying them yourself. Really not too hard to make a good job of it!

Buy what from seat?

Also: That german CAD PRECISION CUT black stickers is expensive as **** for 9,9€
You can get 2 meterby 70 cm of carbon black M3 foil from china for 10€

wtf 10€ :confused:

LiamCupra290

Mar 11, 2016
Buy what from seat?

Also: That german CAD PRECISION CUT black stickers is expensive as **** for 9,9€
You can get 2 meterby 70 cm of carbon black M3 foil from china for 10€

wtf 10€ :confused:

Sorry mate I should have said, you can buy the badges from Seat and paint them yourself. Front cost me £5 and I think the boot was £30. Very easy to change

Redline

Nov 3, 2016
Sorry mate I should have said, you can buy the badges from Seat and paint them yourself. Front cost me £5 and I think the boot was £30. Very easy to change

Why buy more when there are on the car?
I just need to remove them :)

LiamCupra290

Mar 11, 2016
That's true, but I wanted an original set incase either the painting didn't go well, or I wanted to swap back to chrome at some point.

LiamCupra290

Mar 11, 2016
Of course. Front badge you remove a piece of trim which runs along the edge of the grill when you lift up the bonnet. You can then access the little clips which using a knife and a torch I just bent back out of the way then levered each corner out.

The rear badge you need to remove the edge of the boot trim, simple push clips just pull down hard with the boot up and it should pop off. Then it's just 3 nuts holding the boot catch in place, again very simple!

dodds_turbo

OEM+ member
Sep 4, 2016
Edinburgh
Hi
This is for the FR, but I assume the setup is quite similar.
I can't send pictures or links, but if you add after -forums- in the address bar showthread.php?t=407064, there are good instructions on how the grille is set up.
The front badge is "clipped" in. There are two longer guiding pins on the back side, and two clips (hooks) on each of the 4 sides around (These need to be pressed towards the middle). The badge was so tight I actually ended up removing the grille (and that meant the bumper) and pushed the clips in from the back side (since the frame around was also changed).
Instagram - dasilfva, and scroll down a bit to see the result.

The rear badge was easy to swap with the whole handle. First remove the inner trim. It is clipped from the sides. If I remember correctly there are two bolts holding the trim. The liner is basically the lower half of the trunk liner. There are tree bolts that draws the badge against a metal "back plate", that keeps the badge in place. The badge has a long plastic pin that keeps the metal back plate at it's place before tightening.
(P.S When swapping the boot badge, one might also want to do a rear wiper removal). ;)

www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=407064

Very handy. Thanks for the link.

Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.