Front Antiroll bar bushes (diameter)

Lucero

Dec 6, 2017
Hi all,

I'm seeing 3 different diameters for front ARB. As part of my front suspension overhaul project, I was going to replace the bushes but there are 16mm, 17mm and 18mm to fit 18mm, 19mm and 20mm diameter ARBs.

I'm going out on a limb to assume that the bog standard Ibizas are probably on 18mm ARBs (apparently identified by 18mm white stickers (19 is also white, 20mm is a green sticker), with the 20mm being for the Cupra perhaps?

Can anyone confirm? If so, what was the 19mm model for?

Push come to shove, I don't mind upgrading the whole ARB to the 20mm setup, however, I would like to get the whiteline rear ARB to manage understeer a bit better and I actually think the best combination for that would be with a 18mm front ARB.

Thanks

Lucero

Dec 6, 2017
Why not measure the diameter of the ARB currently fitted, easy enough with a dial calliper.
Hmm, whilst I do appreciate this viewpoint, it does seem to me that this kind of general information for a car of this age should be easily obtainable online, without the need for me to head out, jack up the car and measure it myself.

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Maybe, but it gives you the correct answer for what size of ARB is currently on that car. Sometimes advise given on these forums, while meant well, ends up being wrong due to what has been done to that car earlier in its life. There is a PR code for the ARB size, maybe find out if that is quoted on the build sticker?

Reactions: Legojon
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise