Front bumper conversion

Pimped up vario

Cordy Cruizer
Nov 20, 2009
Belfast N Ireland
No idea. Google them and see if they look the same.

I know that my 1999 cordoba has the same chassis as the 2000-2002 cordoba but the wing panels are different and consequently so is the front bumper.

cordoba175

Sep 15, 2008
Hi thanks for replying.
I thought that might be the case, shame though the face lift bumpers look so much better!

stezo2k

Anjuna Monkey
Mar 15, 2008
Dudley
Pretty sure it can from an old thread I remember. I dug out these pics for you

Before:

24092009711.jpg

After:

P5230012.jpg

Pimped up vario

Cordy Cruizer
Nov 20, 2009
Belfast N Ireland
The man beat me to it. I was just about to post that parkers has the cordoba listed as 02 to 04 and the Ibiza listed as 02 to 08/09 and the pictures of the front end look like they use the same wing panels and bonnet. I was going to hazard a guess that manufacturers cut down on manufacturing costs and making assembly easy, for themselves anyway, would have standardized the design and production process for both cars making them interchangeable. Also at the facelift point any changes would be an accommodation of the dress parts to fit the cars frame to prevent any tooling or already established production processes being unnecessarily altered. as this would incur a greater cost.

cordoba175

Sep 15, 2008
Hi thanks for the pics and the info. I will
Definitely be keeping an eye out for a
Face lift bumper but I have to replace
The dual mass first!

janner

Hi, is that correct that 1999 cordobas have the same chassis as the facelift model?
I require front offside hub, suspension, driveshaft, wishbone, track rod end, sideskirt, wing, alloys and drivers door for my 1999 2.0 sx coupe

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.