Front disc removal

swerver

Aug 18, 2003
scotland
Visit site
Im in the middle of changing my pads and discs on the front of my tdi 184 but how the hell do you get the discs off. Ive removed tbe cailiper and the little retaining screw but there is a 24mm multi point bolt in the middle of the disc. Is it just a case of a bit more grunt to remove it??

Cheers.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Can you upload a picture? If your scrapping the discs anyway... give them a tap with a hammer and see if they move. Could just be rusted on. Never had to remove the bolt in the center on any car I've done. But not done a MK3 Leon before.

swerver

Aug 18, 2003
scotland
Visit site
20190528_102138.jpg

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Hit it with a hammer! I should probably add, if that centre bolt was holding the brake disc on, you wouldn't need the tiny screw to hold it in alignment.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Tap it all the way around a few times. If that's not working... last time I had to carefully use a pry bar. If you look at the new discs, likely they just have a big hole in the center so that bolt wouldn't attach to anything. When you get it off, clean the rust off and put some copper grease or summat on the hub for next time.