Front fog lights

mcdonald

The standard bulbs used for the front fog lights have a yellow glow unlike the white glow of the bixenon headlamps.

Time for an upgrade.

Yesterday I replaced the bulbs with bulbs from GP Thunder 7500K (H11 fitting). The result is more light and a nice white colour.

The bulbs:
gpthunder.jpg

The result:
mistlampen7500K.jpg

Seatmann

Rough around the edges
Sep 16, 2010
Scotlanda
Yellow lights suck lol, I did my side lights with leds to get a better, whiter colour as the standards are horrible. If you crash in the dark now you will get a good ribbing especially with those lights lol:)

carldavies13

Jun 28, 2011
Do you have a link or can you point me in the right direction for these bulbs??
Been looking at 5800k for my headlights and can't seem to find them!!
Cheers

BobAndy

Feb 28, 2014
Hi Guys, i came across this thread on the fog light upgrade and I've got myself a pair. Did you have any issues after the upgrade? Any tips on how to access to fog lights themselves?
Thanks in advance
RWA

cadman2k

Jul 15, 2003
Visit site
Bobandy, The fogs take 10 minutes per side, its good to have these but not a necessity as you can still pull out the grill by hand with some persuasion

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161335156022

Undo the small crosshead, use the thin trim tool under the opposite side and lever gently until the grill pops out. Then it is simply a case of undoing the 2 x Torx and removing the unit.
take the bulb out the back, put new one in and put unit back, tighten up torx screws and put grill back, snaps into place all way round.

Last edited:

BobAndy

Feb 28, 2014
Thanks for taking the time to reply Cadman2K (I almost gave up hope). I did read somewhere here that the trim removal tools were pretty useful. So I ordered some off eBay (your price was better). I had a go last sunday but let's just say my first attempt prompted a more cautious approach.
I'll have another go this weekend (if they arrive in time).
I'll let you know how I get on.

Thanks again.
BobAndy

BobAndy

Feb 28, 2014
I bought the above mentioned GP Thunder 7500K(H11 fitting). Toyed with the idea of going for the 8500K platinum set but decided against it. On my way home at the mo so looking forward to seeing how it fires up when I unlock the car (quite sad I know)...

RWA

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members