Front Grill

zedlor

Aug 24, 2017
Warrington
The front grills on my grey Cupra have faded to a grey plastic cheapo looking colour, I'd like to get them back to proper black. What's the best way to do it, and can I get them removed easily without taking the front bumper off?

By front grills I mean the grill where the SEAT badge is and the one below. The ones on the sides where the fog lights should be could do with doing as well.

Ta

g_berserk

Smartass in training
Oct 15, 2014
Monterrey, Mexico
As far as I know, you don't need to remove the front bumper in order to take them out, but it's close to impossible to put them back in if you don't have it off the car.

Now, regarding what to use, there are several options from duplicolor ranging from restore coating to plastic dye depending on how faded is the plastic.

There are also other options from poorboys, chemical guys and such, but I haven't used them personally.

zedlor

Aug 24, 2017
Warrington
As far as I know, you don't need to remove the front bumper in order to take them out, but it's close to impossible to put them back in if you don't have it off the car.

Now, regarding what to use, there are several options from duplicolor ranging from restore coating to plastic dye depending on how faded is the plastic.

There are also other options from poorboys, chemical guys and such, but I haven't used them personally.
I do actually have some Poorboy's trim restorer, probably should have thought of that. I'll give that a go, hopefully get it back to black!

R4CK5

Mar 8, 2017
The other option is more costly but more permanent and that is to get them painted black instead. I did this on my old Astra Sri to all the front grills and had the v across the grill and foglight surrounds hydrodipped with gold carbon pattern.

You get a nice smooth gloss black finish that won't fade that way and looks subtly different to most others out there.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

ben4012

Sep 20, 2016
The lower grille is not removable in situ. I used side cutters to remove the remains of a cracked one. It would not come out even with trim tools etc. Replacing it is easy.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise