front mount or uprated side mount??

lukecupra2001

Smoogie And Proud
Jul 25, 2005
middlesbrough
been reading alot of the posts on here about whos done what and what works best etc...im planning on keeping my car for the longhaul as its realy low mileage and is a perfect base for something speacial but i realy dont know wether to go for a front mount or not after reading certain things on here regardint it blocking the radiator and other things.if anybody is running either of these id realy like to know the pros and cons of both as neither of them are cheap and its a big investment.cheers for your time boys and girls.

luke.
2001 leon cupra

mrcoyote

See no evil...
Jul 26, 2004
I'd go for a front mount as even though you can get an uprated side mount the actual surface area isn't going to be as large and it's still stuck out of the optimal air flow. From what I remember there's not a huge amount in it now price wise.

I'm sure this has been discussed before at some point so it might be worth doing a little search.

Steve

Cross member
May 10, 2001
Bournemouth, Dorset
www.8valves.co.uk
Does the front mount one fit behind the early Cupra bumper?

I've got the side mount one. I only bought it though because I got it second hand for a song, I wouldn't have bothered with one at full price. Can't say I really noticed much difference, but I've never really had any heat soak like a lot pof people complain about in the summer. I think the front mount one gives you a bit more lag? Whereas I didn't notice that with my one.

RikH

Texas Cowboy
Oct 17, 2005
Yorkshire
yeah quite sure the kit ive seen somewhere fits on the older style cupra's
id defintely go with a FM, but not too thick a core or you actually increase the turbo lag, a thinner core will do the job alowing airflow still to the radiator, to be sure of no radiator issues you could always have a custom scoop fabricated to sit above the FMIS feeding onto the rad.

lukecupra2001

Smoogie And Proud
Jul 25, 2005
middlesbrough
so would the 1 from forge be ok or is it to thick?havent seen anybody else who does a kit for my car?maysound daft asking all these questions but i dont wanna spend alot of money on intercooler only to have problems with it blocking the radiator

mrcoyote

See no evil...
Jul 26, 2004
You shouldn't have any problems at all with the kit from Forge. I know mine's an Ibiza rather than a Leon, but in the 5-6 months I've had it on mine, I've never had any problems and the service from them is excellent. :thumbup:

lukecupra2001

Smoogie And Proud
Jul 25, 2005
middlesbrough
been speaking to a lad round my way with the same as u and he reckons it gave him 10mph top end?that rite?also striped it out now n it goes like stink!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.