Front Parking Sensors and Optical Display

Tripod

Mar 5, 2016
So after a day of phone calls and emails here is where i am.

Dealer has accepted that they have to resolve this.

My car will be taken back by them and de-registered from me as never having been mine. And then sold as an ex-demo or similar with Seat Uk picking up the loss from a new build to an ex-demo.

A new car will be ordered to the same spec for the same or less price.

9 week build time.

During that time I will be provided with a vehicle to use.

And this is after I have pointed out that I can get it all sorted for less than £1k.

Surely this is costing them more than that?!

But hey ho.

pburv

Jan 18, 2015
So after a day of phone calls and emails here is where i am.

Dealer has accepted that they have to resolve this.

My car will be taken back by them and de-registered from me as never having been mine. And then sold as an ex-demo or similar with Seat Uk picking up the loss from a new build to an ex-demo.

A new car will be ordered to the same spec for the same or less price.

9 week build time.

During that time I will be provided with a vehicle to use.

And this is after I have pointed out that I can get it all sorted for less than £1k.

Surely this is costing them more than that?!

But hey ho.
Good news I suppose :confused:
I can't understand why they couldn't get it sorted by getting aftermarket retro fitters to do the job..Surely it would work out a lot cheaper??
I wish now I was more assertive but my missus did not want to wait for another factory order..Oh well
Good luck with your new car and thanks for the info and feedback....Paul:D

Tripod

Mar 5, 2016
All change.....again

Now we have a cash settlement 'goodwill' offer from the dealer. (I've been asked not to disclose the amount)

This will be in full and final settlement of this issue.

Needless to say I have booked the car in with http://poollretrofits.com/

For 4th May to have t done properly.

Paul there has been amazing with the amount of phone calls and emails from myself and dealer.

Strange that an outside comp at can use genuine Seat parts to do it for £544 all in when a dealer can't do it full stop.

So all in summary:
I keep the car as is.
Will get the OPS sensors fitted by Paul at Poolretrofits myself.
A cash settlement which more than covers the cost of this fitting, my diesel, my time and lunch for the day off.
AutoGlym life shine inside and out
The life shine bag of goodies
Full tank of diesel
Undisclosed High St Vouchers.

Not a pleasant experience but hopefully come 4th May will be all resolved and leave me to get on and enjoy my new Leon FR 184.

I'll let you know how it all goes.

aggie

Apr 28, 2009
If I have front parking sensors retro fitted by a fitter other than Seat will it invalidate the warranty? Aggie

firstleonowner

Feb 26, 2016
If I have front parking sensors retro fitted by a fitter other than Seat will it invalidate the warranty? Aggie

wouldnt have thought so (but I dont know) on another note is everyone who has fitted front sensors after purchase letting their insurance company know

Tripod

Mar 5, 2016

Definitely not. I specifically asked this.

The sensors will obviously not be covered in the Seat warranty but they do not affect it at all.

Tripod

Mar 5, 2016
wouldnt have thought so (but I dont know) on another note is everyone who has fitted front sensors after purchase letting their insurance company know

I'm not. The FR spec when I purchased had them as standard so it is only going to be 'standard spec' when they are on.

In any event I wouldn't see it as a 'modification' that the insurance company at are interested in.

dieselface

Jul 1, 2010
Sorry totally off topic but might be relevant to a spec change.

Does your newly delivered FR have the interior dimming mirror fitted with an on/off button on the bottom of it?

Some reports the physical on/off has been deleted.

Tripod

Mar 5, 2016
Sorry totally off topic but might be relevant to a spec change.

Does your newly delivered FR have the interior dimming mirror fitted with an on/off button on the bottom of it?

Some reports the physical on/off has been deleted.

It isn't on mine.

My 13 plate had it but my new one is absent. The mirror dims auto but no on/off button

dieselface

Jul 1, 2010
It isn't on mine.

My 13 plate had it but my new one is absent. The mirror dims auto but no on/off button

Thanks for reply. Looks like this change is none market specific then.

I'll be honest I never turn mine off. Maybe research has suggested this so they've done a cost down on the part.

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
Thanks for reply. Looks like this change is none market specific then.

I'll be honest I never turn mine off. Maybe research has suggested this so they've done a cost down on the part.

New Passat doesn't have an on/off button either.

page3

Dec 25, 2015
The manual is becoming ridiculously inaccurate:

Alarm tilt defeat button missing
Passenger mirror dip instructions wrong on uk model
Rear view mirror button missing
Boot net missing
Stop/start rules incorrect

Probably more.

Portlanders

May 14, 2016
Hi all,

Just ordered a Leon St and found this thread via Google and to join so that I could tell you that even last week when at Snows Seat Dealership in Poole, they had a notability poster advertising front and rear sensors on the Leon!!! The guy I spoke to swore down it does come with front sensors...even when I said the weekend before I had been to the Snows Seat Dealership in Southampton, and they had made it very clear the Leon no longer comes with front sensors! He eventually went to check with his manager and came back with sincere apologies as I was correct. Yet passing today and the incorrect poster still remains!

aggie

Apr 28, 2009
I bought a Leon St fr 2016 knowing that no front parking sensors or reversing camera was fitted and that the rear sensors were not optical only audio. So I had front sensors, reversing camera and rear sensors programed to show on the screen by professional retrofits Nuneaton cv13 6ag all vag parts took 5 hours cost 973 . Seat were I bought the car said it was not possible to fit the reversing camera? I also have the button to mute the audio and Colour coded sensors. Excellent job recommended. aggie my seat loyalty bonus covered the cost

Tripod

Mar 5, 2016
I second that strongly.

Paul at Proffesional Retrofits in Nuneaton is a genius.
Seat Uk and the dealer said it can't be done at all now. Even though they are offering OPS for all other Leon's bar the FR.

Spoke to Paul a lot and eventually booked it in. Clean, tidy, great waiting room, very professional set up.

Fitted me front OPS colour coded and fitted perfectly as per factory.
Coded in to work with the original system. And fitted the P>> button as per factory. All with genuine Seat parts which he showed me prior to fitting.

Once fitted he sat with me for a good 30 mins going through the menus and the workings of it to make sure it was 100% as per factory and that I knew how it all worked.

I would put photos on to show it here but am unsure how to. But with total certainty I would recommend him personally to anyone.

Amazing.
Seat should be ashamed.