Front Seat Mechanism

Ptamblin

Sorry T.Spark and everyone else who commented, all much appriciated. hopefully will get to the bottom of this. Redrum? could you report back if anything is found? sounds exactly the same.

bizzaboy

No thank you danmay :D

Jeeez, good night jim-bob, good night John Boy, good night Junior........ :cartman:
It's all good having some respect on the boards, but this much love in one thread. lol.

HEY - I first pointed out a suspect lever mechanism, AND i read your question correctly first time round.... No fobbing you off with some '20 pence coins stuck under the seat rails' from this corner!!! :doh: :lol:

Yeah please leave me out of it, 'tis getting too close for comfort! :p

How about buying a CHEAP Ibiza seat off EBay then pull that one apart to learn how its fixed (you could even use THAT mechanism on your 'good' seat if it helps).

Last edited by a moderator:

Ptamblin

I've had a good look around the back of the seat in question today and i think i have found a solution. There is a little plastic clip that clips on to the metal frame, this part has broken, but once you keep it in place the mechanism works with no problems.

So any ideas how I can keep this plasic clip connected to the metal bracket?

IMAGE_094.jpg

IMAGE_096.jpg

T. Spark

Sorry T.Spark and everyone else who commented, all much appriciated. hopefully will get to the bottom of this. Redrum? could you report back if anything is found? sounds exactly the same.

Dont worrie about it, was said in jest mate :)

Jeeez, good night jim-bob, good night John Boy, good night Junior........ :cartman:
It's all good having some respect on the boards, but this much love in one thread. lol.

Your just upset you want some T. Spark luvvin :whistle:

bizzaboy

I've had a good look around the back of the seat in question today and i think i have found a solution. There is a little plastic clip that clips on to the metal frame, this part has broken, but once you keep it in place the mechanism works with no problems.

So any ideas how I can keep this plasic clip connected to the metal bracket?

IMAGE_094.jpg
IMAGE_096.jpg

Useful to see a pic, take it its the white plastic clip that has broken?
Possibly drill a small hole through the centre of this Clip, then you can insert a cable/zip tie through it and around the seat frame and secure it together?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ptamblin

thanks, will have a look tonight if i'm not dead after circuit training. Will also try some glue if that doesn't work, but it may be under too much pressure.

Red Rum

Using "the fuel of Satan"
Jun 29, 2007
Durham
Well, had the car into Seat today for a service and told them it needed looking at, which they did and it now works. It was done under warrenty and they said the lever cable had broken / slipped. Its working again now so all is well.

nellist_666

20p pieces...

No joke mate, check for loose change that might have fallen on the 'track's' ive had it before... mashed up a 20p piece!

Once out, all working again

fooking hell!

i went to sell my car last summer (thankfully decided against it in the end) and the woman wouldnt buy it because the passenger seat dint move.

turned out it was a 20p

20p cost me £4000!

no lie, the exact same coin as well:D

Mattyh87

Sideways as always!
May 7, 2006
Manchester
Sorry to bring up an old thread!

im havin the same problem with the seat mechanism - was wondering if anyone knows how much a dealer is going to charge me for this! both seats need stripping - both feel loose as if partially catching on something but the seat wont fold :(

Red Rum

Using "the fuel of Satan"
Jun 29, 2007
Durham
Funny you should bring this up again, but my seats have knack'd up again. Both of them this time though[:@]

wtsn4

Sorry to carrying on with the 'broken seat' conundrum, but has anybody found out the price to sort it out??? If not how easy is it to have a look??

Jul 23, 2008
Manchester - UNITED
Is it just me or does this appear to be a common problem? :cartman:

My passenger side one is the same as everyone above is saying :(

Mine are the cupra seats with airbags, do i have to disconect the battery if i want to take the seat out so the airbag doesnt go off ?
I have always disconected the battery and left for a few mins if removing a steering wheel. ???

Last edited:

seremotors

Dave the Parts Manager
Mar 11, 2008
Belfast UK
www.seatcupra.net
we used to do complete seat-back replacement on warranty jobs. however when customers money is involved we normally replace the cable (between the handle and the tilt catch), the plastic tilt lever, and the little clip holding it on. as previously mentioned, jammed coins can also cause probs and just need fished out. most repairs involve a seat cover removal to reveal the seat frame but the cable is under a tenner

martymcfly1

we used to do complete seat-back replacement on warranty jobs. however when customers money is involved we normally replace the cable (between the handle and the tilt catch), the plastic tilt lever, and the little clip holding it on. as previously mentioned, jammed coins can also cause probs and just need fished out. most repairs involve a seat cover removal to reveal the seat frame but the cable is under a tenner

hi mate well what is a rough all in cost to get this done at the dealer??

thanks

seremotors

Dave the Parts Manager
Mar 11, 2008
Belfast UK
www.seatcupra.net
sorry just back from hols. seat cover removal and cable replacement only takes around an hour but without upholstery pliers its a pig to get the fabric pulled back and clipped properly. we are £60 an hour but it varies across dealers. cable and clip only about a tenner

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise