Front shock absorbers

James cupra 290 black

Apr 9, 2020
Hi guys

I am new to the forum and I hope I am posting this in the right place. Apologies if I am in the wrong place.

I have a 2016 Leon cupra black edition. It has only covered 31,000 miles. It went for a service today and the guy said both front shock absorbers were leaking. Only very slightly. This really doesn’t sound good. On a car that is three years.

Do you guys know how much this would cost to get fixed? (I am guessing around a thousand pounds)

will seat uk be willing to contribute as it’s still a relatively new car?

Has anyone else had this problem (I did a search on the forum and couldn’t find anything)

thank you for any help.

PS this forum is amazing guys.

Seriously?

Apr 20, 2018
It isn't unusual for Leon shocks to 'mist', there are numerous threads on here; search for 'misting shocks'. It isn't a major issue and will at worst be an MOT advisory.
If they are properly leaking then obviously they'll need replacing, but I doubt you'd be looking at anything like £1000. Decent branded standard struts can be had for about £150 a pair plus fitting (depending on the spec of your Leon).
Welcome BTW!

James cupra 290 black

Apr 9, 2020
It isn't unusual for Leon shocks to 'mist', there are numerous threads on here; search for 'misting shocks'. It isn't a major issue and will at worst be an MOT advisory.
If they are properly leaking then obviously they'll need replacing, but I doubt you'd be looking at anything like £1000. Decent branded standard struts can be had for about £150 a pair plus fitting (depending on the spec of your Leon).
Welcome BTW!
Thank you for your reply. That’s a huge relief.

Wilkesy

May 1, 2018
In my previous seat had a rear shock replaced and it was £98 including labor

Nov 8, 2021
Did you get this sorted?
Just going through this on mine at 42k miles - dealership wanted about £850 to replace both fronts (the parts cost approx. £450)
Rears are also misting.

SuperV8

May 30, 2019
Did you get this sorted?
Just going through this on mine at 42k miles - dealership wanted about £850 to replace both fronts (the parts cost approx. £450)
Rears are also misting.
Genuine Front OEM dampers range from around £70-100 each depending on part number or about £226 for a DCC one. What else are they changing to get to £450!!!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise