front tyre wear

mattmk2

Feb 2, 2010
after lowering my car the front tyres are wearing very fast and from the inside. i guess this is the camber but has anyone eles had this problem ? :wtf:
cheers

Undert4ker

Camber adjust plates! :) Or live with it I guess, used to have the same on my MK1 Micra with a 40mm drop. Cornered like a go cart but always wore the inside shoulders no matter what I did. I used to feed it second hand tyres from the classified in the local paper/gumtree, anywhere I could inspect them first! At a tenner a pair I really didn't mind how long they lasted :)

Or you could do some more mods on the suspension like camber plates, or you might get lucky with the tracking... Depends how low you've gone and whether the rears are also wearing.

beezertart

**MAYHEM**
Sep 11, 2007
beyond the sun
mine was up on the ramp the other week and all 4 of mine have inner edge wear, had all the aligment done ages ago but am blaming all the speed bumps etc fooking it up...i love london! annoyingly,the rest of tyre tread is ok even though they've been on about 20mths....best find myself 200 squiddlies somewhere :(

Undert4ker

Oops, I'll just go back to my corner then! :)

MK2s have adjustable camber then? *rubs hands at thought of playing... then remembers it's my day to day runner not a project car :(*

mattmk2

Feb 2, 2010
thankyou for all the replys its going in the garage tomorw for new tyres £55 each was the cheapest i could find... and they are going to check it over hopefully itll work well

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise