1. Hi Guest. If you're not subscribing to us on YouTube yet, you're missing out on car news and reviews. Subscribe to our channel to get notified when we post new videos.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are available from our online store. and are now half price.

Front window mechanism

Discussion in 'Leon Mk1 (2000-2006)' started by m_zafar, May 7, 2007.

1. m_zafar

m_zafar Active Member

My passenger side window is neither going up or down. However i can hear a crunching sound when trying the electrics. On removing the door panel i noticed a metal cable all crunched up. Seems like it gone dislocated somehow. I now need to remove the inner metal panel so i can get to the part and have an attempt at fixing it. Here are my problems:

1: I am using an online guide to remove the panel however my car is delocked. How do i remove the delock mechanism? i have removed the t20 screw.

2: Secondly, the guide stats i bolt needs to be removed that is connected to the window, considering i forced the window up, and the window mechanism isnt working, this isnt gonna be possible.

3: Thirdly, any one gone any pics of the mechanism so i can put it together?

Guide used:

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1015107

2. techie

techie Skoda Techie

You dont need to remove the lock if you knock out the three retaining rivets on the carrier. That disconnects the plastic retainer behind so you can leave the catch where it is. Throw the bit of plastic in the bin and cover up the holes when your done.

3. m_zafar

m_zafar Active Member

Thanx for the response techie

which 3 rivets are you talking about? There are 2 mentioned in the guide (point 15)

4. techie

techie Skoda Techie

Yup them the ones.

(see the note about VW techs notorious for not refitting them, I sir hold my hands up...lol).

5. m_zafar

m_zafar Active Member

Daft question. Is it advisable to put in new rivets? Is there a third as you mentioned?

Thanks