Fuel cap wont open !!!!!!!!!!!

grease monkey

Right folks went to the petrol station this morning to fill up, pressed the button and nothing happend :cry:, i could not hear any noise behind the cap and the light was not on at the button, are these common faults ? does anyone know the fix ? thanks chris. :)

meltonlad

Mar 21, 2009
huntingdon
was engine off ? check fuses, try with one pressing button then other trying to open flap at same time. if that fails then find a hammer :lol: only joking :D

grease monkey

was engine off ? check fuses, try with one pressing button then other trying to open flap at same time. if that fails then find a hammer :lol: only joking :D

Haha yea tried that aswell, engine was off, guna check the fuses on my break time

grease monkey

Did you take the key out of the ignition first?

:doh: Doh i didnt know you had to have the key fully out the ignition, well tried it and it work lol well i feel stupid now haha :doh: thank guys, good job i didnt rip half of the dash out.

hondated

Dec 13, 2007
A few years on now since this thread began and I now have the same problem.
I have followed Lee69 instructions for removing lower part of dash but I cannot see the fuse thats mentioned.
Lee if you see this when you log on can you give me further instructions or indeed if anyone can offer advice on how to remedy problem I would welcome and appreciate it.

Does anyone also know whether I can just bridge the switch if its faulty thanks.

hondated

Dec 13, 2007
Your probably not even aware of my posting yet but thanks Muttley Lee69 and every one else that contributed to this and other threads on this issue for your advice on here as I managed to find the fuse mentioned and it was blown.
At a guess I think you all saved me a £100 if i had taken it to a garage.
Shes an 05 plate but I still haven't fallen out of love with her

seatturbopower

Aug 1, 2012
birmingham
A few years on now since this thread began and I now have the same problem.
I have followed Lee69 instructions for removing lower part of dash but I cannot see the fuse thats mentioned.
Lee if you see this when you log on can you give me further instructions or indeed if anyone can offer advice on how to remedy problem I would welcome and appreciate it.

Does anyone also know whether I can just bridge the switch if its faulty thanks.

if you can hear the switch trying to release the cap but it dose not open it means there is a feed going to it,so that is working, take off the inner plastic around the boot area and the switch it self might of just fallen out of place(ive had this happen, if your not getting a feed to it then the release catch is screwed,so you need a new one

hondated

Dec 13, 2007
Thanks seatturbopower for taking the trouble to reply and just to let you know I have managed to sort the problem.
As was mentioned its difficult to see them at first but I managed to locate the two fuses mentioned and was pleased to find the first one I took out was blown which I replaced and the flap is working again.
Now having put it all back together I regret not checking the other fuse even though I dont know what its for.
No doubt about it without this Forum i would be well lost.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.