Fuel/ Engine smell coming through the vents!

Ross16V

Hi Guys,

I'm just in the process of selling my Cuprasport and to make it 100% good i'm getting rid of some niggles!

My main issue is when I'm sat idle with the blowers on I can start to smell petrol coming from the vents. Now, an easy fix is to turn them off but I'd prefer to fix it if possible!

Just checking the water to see if anyone else has experienced this problem? If anyone's had this before and it's a simple hose etc (Which is what i'd imagine) then any advice would be great.

Cheers,

Ross

varno

Hi Ross,

I've got exactly the same problem with my Seat Leon Cupra, only seems to do it when the engine is warm, but is quite a strong smell coming through the vents.

If I open the bonnet, there is a strong smell on the left hand side, but have checked all the fuel lines that I can see and nothing obvious. I had the fuel breather pipe replaced coming off the top of the engine rockers as there was a slight split in that, but that hasn't rectified it yet.

I'd be interested to hear if you find out what is causing the issue on yours.

Cheers, Chris

Ross16V

If it helps Chris - Turn the blowers off when you're stationary! I also had the fuel lines checked but I think it's just a pipe feeding from the front of the car to the vents. Just need to find out which one!

varno

Well, I've had the carbon filter cartridge replaced and a couple of the plastic pipes that are connected to it, will see how that goes over the next week or so.

Not sure what the box just behind the filter does (where the fuel lines all connect), but there is often a strong smell around there.

I'll report back any findings I have.

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
check the fuel pipe join and pipes up at the rear drivers side, by the brake master and have a scan under the floor under the drivers seat area

both places mine has dribbled from in the past

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.