Fuel filler cap pipe

bflare

Sep 18, 2014
I snapped the cover off of my 2007 FR so I thought I would see how easy they are to change. I took the housing out & noticed there was a small pipe within the housing. The pipe doesn't appear to be connected to anything. Any ideas?

fozzybear

middle aged speed freak
Feb 4, 2006
halifax,west yorks
I snapped the cover off of my 2007 FR so I thought I would see how easy they are to change. I took the housing out & noticed there was a small pipe within the housing. The pipe doesn't appear to be connected to anything. Any ideas?
The pipe connects to drain hole at bottom of filler housing and drains off usually water but any liquid filling neck.....drains off under car....make sure you reconnect when done....depending how broke off lid with patience and aroldite cement (glue) can reconstruct back together.....hope helps

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Reactions: bflare

bflare

Sep 18, 2014
The pipe connects to drain hole at bottom of filler housing and drains off usually water but any liquid filling neck.....drains off under car....make sure you reconnect when done....depending how broke off lid with patience and aroldite cement (glue) can reconstruct back together.....hope helps

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Thank you. I have used some Epoxy resin. Not sure how long it will last though :)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.