fuel pump installation 97 cordoba

omen137

Hi All

Does anyone have a diagram of the fuel pump removal/installation instructions? I bought the cordoba a month ago and the fuel pump just went on it. :thumbd: Any help would be much appreciated. :thumbup:

Cheers

Damo

F2 Stu

I. Am. Legend.
Oct 4, 2001
Crawley, UK
Visit site
Get yourself a Haynes manual :)

Are you sure ist the pump and not the relay?

In a nutshell you fold the rear seats forward to uncover an access plate underneath the seat.

undo the screws and remove the plate.

Disconnect the wiring harness, the fuel supply & return lines Charcoal canister lines

the pump is held in by a big securing ring but before undoing the ring you must note its allignment between the pump & the tank.

the pump should then lift out one the securing ring is removed.

omen137

excellent matey :thumbup: Thanks for your help. ;) I already bought a new fuel pump so may as well replace it.

omen137

F2 Stu said:
Get yourself a Haynes manual :)

Are you sure ist the pump and not the relay?

In a nutshell you fold the rear seats forward to uncover an access plate underneath the seat.

undo the screws and remove the plate.

Disconnect the wiring harness, the fuel supply & return lines Charcoal canister lines

the pump is held in by a big securing ring but before undoing the ring you must note its allignment between the pump & the tank.

the pump should then lift out one the securing ring is removed.

Hey F2 Stu

I undid the ring and took off the cover. How do I now get the pump out from the tank? It doesn't seem to budge and I don't want to use too much force there. Surely it's held in place by something, no?

Be grateful for your reply.

Cheers

Damo

F2 Stu

I. Am. Legend.
Oct 4, 2001
Crawley, UK
Visit site
omen137 said:
Hey F2 Stu

I undid the ring and took off the cover. How do I now get the pump out from the tank? It doesn't seem to budge and I don't want to use too much force there. Surely it's held in place by something, no?

Be grateful for your reply.

Cheers

Damo

That'll be the rubber seal doing its job and making it a tight fit.

cord32

I had this same issue and found that u need to twist the pump to unlock it,i tried pulling also and got nowhere!

harvz

Wont budge

Hey i have been trying to remove my fuel pump and am stuck at taking it out of the fuel tank. i have tried twisting it and no luck. do you need to twist it with the float aswell or are they two separate units?
any help much appreciated.

harvz

back and to the left

So i spoke to a guy who says you need to push it in and then turn anti-clockwise. ill give it a go tonight and see.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.