1. Hi Guest. We've recently updated our forum rules. Please take some time to review them. You can read the new rules here
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are available from our online store.

Fuel pump relay

Discussion in 'Exeo & Exeo ST' started by Pbsky72, Aug 10, 2019.

1. Pbsky72

Pbsky72 Active Member

Hi all.. fuel pump constantly running when ignition off causing battery drain.. temp fix sorted by way of battery kill switch... now heres the thick question.. wheres the fuel pump relay? Under ECU in engine bay or under dash? Or can someone point me in the direction of an online manual... thanks in advance

2. Pbsky72

Pbsky72 Active Member

Problem solved! Turns out if you take the wipers off .. the plastic panel. Open the box housing the ECU is in.. move the ECU to get at the relays and fuses underneath it! Take out the fuel pump relay .. open it up with a screwdriver.. smash it off the ground in anger .. swear a few times .. then nail it back together .. plug it back in because eurocarparts send you the wrong relay 3 times on a Saturday... reattach everything else you took apart to get to the relay in the 1st place .... then stand there looking puzzled as Fk cos the problem is now cured

3. Jay1601

Jay1601 Active Member

Could of been a bit of corrosion on the pins causing a issue hence fixed when putting back together

As far as I know the relays are a dealer part fuel pump relay is £20 from TPS

Just make sure the ECU lid and seal aren’t damaged other wise water will find its way in happened on my old B7 killed two of the relays

Only £20 for a new lid from TPS if it is damaged

4. Pbsky72

Pbsky72 Active Member

Oh the lid has plenty sealant on it now believe me !and yeah.. could have been the contacts .. thinking of finding a less crusty one and transfering it.. mine has had the water issue in the past that killed all the relays

5. caldi

caldi Active Member

Remove the large oval bung that is to the right of the battery in the plenumn chamber, if you do not do this you risk the ECU/relay box flood again. Water accumulates in the plenumn chamber because the silly duck-bill valves get blocked, the water fills the chamber, if you take a right-hand bend the water floods the HVAC and kills your CCM under the passenger footwell, take a left-hand bend and it floods the ECU. The bung is very easy to remove just reach under the plenumn chamber to the right of the battery and feel for a rubber bung (its big) flip it out with a screwdriver, job done! there is now a 50mm x 20mm hole for the monsoons to flow through.

6. Pbsky72

Pbsky72 Active Member

All done now cheers