fuel pump upgrade

sharkemir

hello ,

i have 1998 audi a3 1.8T (agu) transverse engine.i bought atp gt28rs turbo kit and i need a new fuel pump.which one do you prefer ? do you have any suggestions about this ? someone told me that seat leon cupra R (BAM) 's fuel pump can handle about 300-350 hp and it can fit to my car with no problem ? what do you think about this ?

thank you for your help

myk3

Dec 16, 2005
well im doing around 320 on it, though i have now upgraded to an s3 one just for the peice of mind.

myk3

Dec 16, 2005
around £50 from a breaker.

use sites like find a part and search for the audi s3 and audi TT 225 fuel pump.

you will get a fair few people ring you as there very easy to get hold of.

then they quote you a price and you take it if you like it.

you will have to block a hole off on top of the pump as this is a feed from the other side of the tank on the quatro.

sharkemir

hello , thank you for your help.i think i prefer leon cupra R 's fuel pump.my dealer said that cupra R's fuel pump will fit to my car and it can handle 350 hp.any one knows the cupra R (BAM 225hp) 's fuel pump part number ?

please help me about part number because i can not find it anywhere in here , maybe i 'll order it or find somewhere else.

thank you again.

sharkemir

i thought BAM engine TT's and S3's and Cupra's have the same pump.but as i said my dealer said i should find BAM cupra's pump.maybe TT and S3's pump is little different because of their Quattro system.i couldn't find any part number on internet and i looked vagcat and it hasn't got any information too :( but maybe people who have cupra can help me about this.

sharkemir

which TT225Q 's part number is thaty ? APX or BAM or what ??

thank you

sharkemir

thank you .

well then , any difference between TT225Q 's part number and Cupra R 's part number.are they same ? i mean cupra R 's part number is 8L9 919 051G too ??

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
This thread's a bit inconclusive.

I've seen on S3
8L9919051G fuel delivery unit and fuel gauge sender
/ quattro: AMK,ARY,BAM, AUL

and Leon4 the same.

The pumps on the 4wds have to pick up fuel from both sides of the saddle-type tank, but apart from that, is there any proof that they are higher pressure output? :confused:

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.