Votes: 17 38.6%
  • 99+, & Vpower - ISSUES!

Votes: 6 13.6%

• Total voters

mardon

Feel the DIFFerence
Sep 22, 2008
A bean bag
Just wondering if the fuel used in our TSI engines relates to the various issues we’ve seen over the last year.

Please vote as honestly as possible with the fuel you use the most. If you only use v-power once in a while vote on the 95ron poll.

95Ron is standard fuel,
97Ron+ is BP, Total and i’m going to include Tesco 99Ron in the Premium Fuel section
99+ is Vpower or better where available.

mardon

Feel the DIFFerence
Sep 22, 2008
A bean bag
Worrying. Reason I posted is the new Fabia VRS says 97 minimum yet ours says 95. I was wondering if it was the fuel quality that was causing problems.

Gw19

May 25, 2004
Southampton
I have only used either Super Unleaded or V Power since i bought the car.
I have only done just over 1200 miles and, touch wood, i have not had any issues yet (although i have had to use about a litre and a half of oil, which i'm slightly worried about)

mardon

Feel the DIFFerence
Sep 22, 2008
A bean bag
Thats the way the all seem to die TSI Boy, not good :(

Just keep an eye on the oil levels Gw19, it should level out. Mine is very good on oil how did you run the car in?

Deleted member 49882

When I got my car I just used standard 95RON and then I had issues with a failed turbo. When I got the car back from a new turbo being fitted, I have only used BP ultimate and have had no problems since.

Spurt

Seat Bocanegra
Apr 23, 2010
Slough
As i posted on another thread ive heard a number of tsi engines were run on the wrong fuel at factory causing some off these problems. Cant 100% confirm the truth but its what i was told on my last training course. Might be why seat are just allowing engines to be put in.

mardon

Feel the DIFFerence
Sep 22, 2008
A bean bag
I kept it below 3k rpm for the first 1000 miles and i let it warm up before beasting it!

I didn't nurse mine. I used it normally without red lining it. 18k 0.5ltrs of oil used. Jason hardly uses any and he droves his normally as well.

From what I’ve seen nursing these TSi's can result in excessive oil usage.

Dec 3, 2009
I use any petrol stations from supermarkets to shell to bp. I remember for 5 months I just used unleaded petrol, had no problems and I started using super unleaded, no problems.

Aug 20, 2010
Gosport. Hampshire
I didn't nurse mine. I used it normally without red lining it. 18k 0.5ltrs of oil used. Jason hardly uses any and he droves his normally as well.

From what I’ve seen nursing these TSi's can result in excessive oil usage.

+1 I drove it normally from start with occasional blast and 3k later hardly used any oil!

Spurt

Seat Bocanegra
Apr 23, 2010
Slough
+1 I drove it normally from start with occasional blast and 3k later hardly used any oil!

+2, also stayed out of sport and paddles till 1k. i now use no oil at all and im on 3500k. ive done one oil change at 1000k and it gets a blast nearly every day on the paddles.

i did use oil on the initial 2000k but it whats about 200ml. always been run on v-power. also using 5w 40 spec quatum oil.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.