Fuel reserve light...

Georgie

WADDA YA WANT.. EH?!
Nov 27, 2005
FLEET
how many miles do you normally have left once it goes off?
i have so far done 540 something to the tank and the lights just gone on, whats the average i should expect before i really really have to fill up?

sorry for all these annoying question, but you see i am a Leon virgin. be gentle with me.

bumblingfool

Just Another Number...
Nov 26, 2004
Lincoln
For some reason on mine the needle goes down at the same rate till the light comes on then it rockets down :shrug:

When i used to work at derbyshire it was a 3 min run to the motorway then jn28 to jn35a then straight to a petrol station cos it was gagging for a drink by then. Work it out from that if u want cos im lazy, but probably about 40miles, but that was rather risky me thinks!

But then i aint got a tdi, youve probably got till next year before u need filling up! :lol:

petay_pan

Oct 27, 2005
usually 50 at a push, not advised to run to the bitter end on the a diesel though due to the system needing to be purged to get rid of all the crud you sucked up from bottom of your tank lol. I've always wanted to find out how long it would last but always wussed out

Goot

There Can Be Only One!
Sep 9, 2002
Cheshire
When the beep/light happens I take note of mileage and do up to extra 60miles. Max I've ever had to put in after doing 60miles around town was around 53 litres, usually 49-51 litres

Goot :)

petay_pan

Oct 27, 2005
ahhh so basically 60miles in a diesel sooooo...petrol people (like me) don't push it too much near 40 then lol. i was going on what my last car did with previous post.

i find this really interesting though how much fuel is actually left when the light comes on but then i guess if you stuck in the sticks somewhere and nothing but highly volitile cow poo to use as a last resort you'd be glad they giive you 60miles to get to the pumps lol.

cupralite

Nov 26, 2004
Warrington
Mine once ran out on the M6 in roadworks - and the gauge wasn't even at the red line - [:@] :wtf: :hide: :cop: :w4nk:

when the light comes on, I hope there is a petrol station nearby

Georgie

WADDA YA WANT.. EH?!
Nov 27, 2005
FLEET
well filled up today, putting 49.02 litres. probally had another 50 miles in it, but i dont think my employer would have been to impressed if i had called her and told her i have to walk 5 miles back..

i always normally carry a spare tank of diesel in the back of the car.. just incase (ran out once alread) so i am not too fussed if the red light clicks on and i am 50 miles from the nearest petrol station!

dinsdale

Jan 14, 2003
Nottingham
Visit site
According to the manual the light comes on with 7 litres left - I make that roughly 50 miles in my petrol Cupra, I guess more like 70 in a TDi.

But I wouldn't gamble on it. In the summer (really hot day, so the air con was working hard which might have made a difference) I was trying to make it to the next town to get a cheaper fill up, and ran out only about 25 miles after the light came on.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise