Fuel Tank Capacity

Astrex

II have an issue that I hope will be helped here. I had a 59 reg Leon TDI sports the hand book says it will only take 55 litre and my company have said that it is not possible to get more than this into the tank. However i have managed to exceed this on 10 occasions with the most put in being 59.14 litre. What is the most people have put into a Leon? is there a expansion tank? what is venting? how much does the pipe to the neck hold? help please

Redemption

Jun 18, 2011
Hampshire
You must be running on vapours if you can squeeze that much in. Tank is 55 litres. Most I've put in is about 50 as I've never been brave enough to see how far I can get when the refuel light comes on.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
You've got the reserve, and filler neck not included in the 55L

Had 58-59L a few times on both cars, but they've been bloody empty

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
surely the simple solution would just be to fill up at 20-30 miles left in the tank and then have it at 55, then your company can't complain!

Deleted member 74601

I've had 56L max. Had 54 and 55 often though as I usually run to near empty.

Astrex

I do fill up when it gets the light on but from time to time (after the wife has had the car) i get it empty

Al

Aug 29, 2005
59 litres is about the bravest I have been. I got 52 litres in the car tonight and it was at the top of the red line. I would imagine close to 60 would be possible when properly dry.

Astrex

Many thanks for contacting SEAT UK Customer Services regarding the fuel tank on
your SEAT Leon, registration mmmmmmm

I am delighted to inform you that the fuel tank in your vehicle does hold
approximately 55 litres of fuel. This does not include
the reserve and the neck pipe and these can hold up to 10 litres more. Please be
advised these are estimates and not exact
figures.

I hope this information is useful to you, but if you require any further
information, please do not hesitate to contact me on
the details below.

Kind Regards

SEAT UK

I would like to thank Seat for being so amazingly helpful They could have ignored my request for information but they have given me exactly the truth and I could not have asked for any more

Last edited by a moderator:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.