Fuel tank system error

o.g.q

Oct 17, 2018
Hi Guys,

just got into my Cupra this morning and a warning popped up on my dash saying fuel tank system error please visit workshop, cars got 4k miles on it no issues before, only put good petrol in. any idea? anyone had this before ?

Deleted member 103408

It under warranty take it to the Dealers to fix.

If you have a scanner you could run a check and see what errors are being reported but as you are under warranty I would take it to the dealers.

Reactions: bgb

bgb

Jan 22, 2019
Hi Guys,

just got into my Cupra this morning and a warning popped up on my dash saying fuel tank system error please visit workshop, cars got 4k miles on it no issues before, only put good petrol in. any idea? anyone had this before ?

Presume form the low mileage you still have a warranty? Take it into your reputable dealer and let them investigate! Is the message constant? Doesn't vanish when you cycle the ignition?

bgb

Jan 22, 2019
From a quick Google, Audi forums stipulate it normally relates to a sensor within the tank going faulty, so hopefully an easy warranty job for you!

o.g.q

Oct 17, 2018
ive managed to book it in for tomorrow but they have no replacement car for me which is a nuisance, it does remain constant when i cycle the ignition and the fuel light is flashing red even though there is half a tank in there

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.