fuel

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Hi. Im sure someone will come along shortly with an answer. I have a MK2 Cupra r and get at best 32mpg on the motorway. 24mpg is good for fast road. But 15mpg around town. Fast petrol engines tend to drink it. What are you getting?

I fill up every 180 miles. But do a lot of town driving. Motorway I can probably get 350 miles without filling up.

Deleted member 103408

On my Mk3 I go from 12 - 35 depending on how hard you hit the right pedal, and this is on Shell VPower 99 Ron.

j5ive

Aug 10, 2018
hiya thanks for getting back,yeah that sounds about what im getting,and im using the 99 fuel,im still getting used to it coming from a mk4 golf gt and seeing nearly 600 miles between fills.this ones been a bit of a ball ache since i got it but im nearly there.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
I'm hitting about 36 with long drives and 28 with town driving being good... All depends on how heavy your foot is lol mines also a mk2 cupra r not the MK1

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
I'm hitting about 36 with long drives and 28 with town driving being good... All depends on how heavy your foot is lol mines also a mk2 cupra r not the MK1

I dream of hitting 28mpg! How... just how?

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
I dream of hitting 28mpg! How... just how?
I'm very gear conscious lol doing what the car says is counter productive as you know the road. Its 28mpg with not alot of stopping... I also Dont do the engine revving or speed from lights lol some might say I'm civilised haha

Deleted member 103408

And none off us bought a cupra to save money on petrol. But look on the bright side i see the AA are saying we will soon save £1 - 50 on a tank of fuel of my word that's about one lap on the track ye ha.

Deleted member 103408

what like this you mean :)

bmw.jpg

Reactions: Legojon and Maypack

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
I'm very gear conscious lol doing what the car says is counter productive as you know the road. Its 28mpg with not alot of stopping... I also Dont do the engine revving or speed from lights lol some might say I'm civilised haha

I'm not sure I can do any of that stuff. It's mainly Zoom... Red light... Zoom.

ryzie0212

Sep 18, 2018
I’ve had my Mk3 Leon Cupra for 7 days now and have a 50mile daily commute, mainly motorway, plus a 130 mile trip home after picking it up. I filled the tank after leaving the dealer and filled up this morning. I’ve hit 43mpg on a trip home driving at 70 in comfort with the factory settings. I thought that was pretty good....? Car has no mods at all. If yours is excessively heavy on fuel look at dyno/mapping session maybe..? May help to see if anything untoward is going on or just map in any mods you have to get them running better together. Just a suggestion

Reactions: j5ive
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.