Full body respray

EvilKinevil

Mar 24, 2004
Scotland
depends on bodyshop and will vary to how much prep work will have to be done?

to spray only your looking at about £50 a pannel

Steve_B

Stacy mmmm.......
May 6, 2005
West Yorkshire
I've been quoted around £1k+ any extra for prep work for a full respray on my LC after some seagulls used it for target practice and their sh1te ate through the paint :censored:

LEON_FR

Rich Full Member
Jul 9, 2005
Stoke on Trent
Yes mate you are lookin at around the 1K area for a full respray in the same colour... but do you need a full respray?
As for prep work if the car has no dents or bumps then its straight forward respray!

alimac81

Victory is mine!
Nov 20, 2002
Visit site
the spoiler, bonet, front bumper are all different shades of red, and the rear arches need work as they are rusting through :cry:

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
i'd be weighing up how much i loved the car ,and how much it is worth V's how long i intend to keep it,because a 1k respray is not going to increase its value by 1k

Feb 20, 2005
Telford ay it...
i want mine doin soon, with some extra bits. bonnet extension, vent in wing, smoothing etc. im guessin mine will cost that bit extra to do due to the paint being pearlescent. :(

LEON_FR

Rich Full Member
Jul 9, 2005
Stoke on Trent
i mean giving the car a respray is awesome u get your pride n joy lookin brand new however its like jason says, is it worth it? cuz you wont get your money back, if anything ppl may think: its maybe had some accident damage??
i had a 206GTi with full kit and resparay and altho it only cost me £300 (paint n materials im lucky i can do it myself and had a decent boss) it was a nightmare to sell some ppl just wont go near a car thats had a respray ,stupid i know but just thought it let you know what happend 2 me!

alimac81

Victory is mine!
Nov 20, 2002
Visit site
Thats true, but the car wont be worth much anyway when i come to sell it, i want to keep it for at least another year, and it still goes very well, i may try and respray the bonet wings and bumper see how it goes ( may even try it myself :blink: ) but at the moment it looks a bit shoddy :redface:

LEON_FR

Rich Full Member
Jul 9, 2005
Stoke on Trent
alimac81 said:
Thats true, but the car wont be worth much anyway when i come to sell it, i want to keep it for at least another year, and it still goes very well, i may try and respray the bonet wings and bumper see how it goes ( may even try it myself :blink: ) but at the moment it looks a bit shoddy :redface:

Then go for it mate! stick some pics up when its done :bleh:

WeeC

Aug 5, 2004
Glasgow
alimac81 said:

tornado pink symdrome? had the same prob with my old mk2 Golf - i used Zymol polish and it worked a treat for a few weeks then pinkness came back. Not really much point spendin a lot if u aint keepin it for a while

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members