Full link activation tech pack car

Terrif

Mar 15, 2016
Collected my 2016 Leon fr last night - advertised as tech pack and has the USB in the centre behind the gear stick. Plugged in my iPhone and the system is saying full link needs activated, doesn’t this come as standard as part of the tech pack? I had a 2015 Ibiza tech pack that came with it so not sure what is standard and what are additional extras on the Leon’s!

Terrif

Mar 15, 2016
I presumed having had a 2015 Ibiza that came with it as standard these would also - kind of disappointing!

Jaco2k

AWD FTW
Mar 11, 2018
Tampere, Finland
www.youtube.com
My girlfriend got an ex-demo Ibiza FR that was advertised as having it (she absolutely wanted it) so when we got there and it didn't , they said they could just add it and asked a lot of cash.
After 2h of hard bargaining, they kinda agreed to put it, but said it would take "a few hours"
For the life of me, how long does it take to punch in the VIN for the car or their system, generate a code, walk to car, plug in their computer, tick the full link activation mark and put said code?
And for that, all that money...

Reactions: Butty and Terrif

Terrif

Mar 15, 2016
My girlfriend got an ex-demo Ibiza FR that was advertised as having it (she absolutely wanted it) so when we got there and it didn't , they said they could just add it and asked a lot of cash.
After 2h of hard bargaining, they kinda agreed to put it, but said it would take "a few hours"
For the life of me, how long does it take to punch in the VIN for the car or their system, generate a code, walk to car, plug in their computer, tick the full link activation mark and put said code?
And for that, all that money...

That’s what makes me really reluctant to pay for it! It’s not like it’s hard to do. Takes me a lot more effort to earn £200

BoomerBoom

Jun 1, 2018
I'd also add that the full link isn't something I would pay for. I tried it on mine once, when the car was new, then used Android Auto ever since.

Shaady

Jan 25, 2017
Mine was ex demo too and luckily it had already been activated.

It would have annoyed the hell out of me to pay £200 quid for it, especially considering the price of the car. As much as it pains me to say it though it is worth it, use it everyday without fail.

In regards to the above, I thought Android Auto was part of full link, the £200 is what you pay for them to activate it.

Terrif

Mar 15, 2016
Yeah I thought android auto was part of it too! Just kind of annoying because I’ve had a car with it and really liked it - I guess if I’d never had it I wouldn’t know what I was missing?! Just assumed it came as part of the tech pack

Kinetic

Nov 18, 2017
I reluctantly paid £200 recently to activate it on my 66 plate FR. Android auto is great but is it really worth £200? Probably not but I try not to think of the cost and more about the functionality.

Scottrick

Oct 1, 2018
Northern Ireland
Don't be telling me it's useless .

I'm booked in the next week or so to get mine done by a seat dealer, costing just below £200. Better be worth it....

Jaco2k

AWD FTW
Mar 11, 2018
Tampere, Finland
www.youtube.com
Don't be telling me it's useless .

I'm booked in the next week or so to get mine done by a seat dealer, costing just below £200. Better be worth it....

Just install the Android Auto app and start it on the phone screen, then imagine it on the car screen.
Google assistant, read messages that come and replying to them, Spotify, Waze/Google maps... Use it all the time ;)

Reactions: Scottrick

WEZANGO

Nov 4, 2016
Today I went to activate FullLink on my 2015 Leon tech pack. I payed 250 euro (Ireland) and than I realized that CarPlay is not working. So went back to dealer and told them that probably my usb socket is not up to date and yes, they checked it and it was not supported by CarPlay as it doesn't have an Apple chip in it. So they told me it will be extra 38 euro for the part itself and 100 euro labour. I decided to install it myself, as it's really simple part swap, without any dashboard removal.

Scottrick

Oct 1, 2018
Northern Ireland
Just install the Android Auto app and start it on the phone screen, then imagine it on the car screen.
Google assistant, read messages that come and replying to them, Spotify, Waze/Google maps... Use it all the time ;)

Oh i like that, best bit is spotify. Able to pick what you want and rewind/fastfoward. Really like that, think I'll be happy. Don't need it but it's there ....so i want it.

Cheers captain

Reactions: Jaco2k
Apr 22, 2019
Today I went to activate FullLink on my 2015 Leon tech pack. I payed 250 euro (Ireland) and than I realized that CarPlay is not working. So went back to dealer and told them that probably my usb socket is not up to date and yes, they checked it and it was not supported by CarPlay as it doesn't have an Apple chip in it. So they told me it will be extra 38 euro for the part itself and 100 euro labour. I decided to install it myself, as it's really simple part swap, without any dashboard removal.
Hi Jaco2k,

I took delivery of my Leon Cupra yesterday but am finding the same issue. Carplay is not working... Can you provide details of where you got the chip and how it’s installed?

Apr 22, 2019

Hi Wezango,

I accidentally replied to Jaco2k... I took delivery of my Leon Cupra yesterday but am finding the same issue. Carplay is not working... Can you provide details of where you got the chip and how it’s installed?

WEZANGO

Nov 4, 2016
Hi Wezango,

I accidentally replied to Jaco2k... I took delivery of my Leon Cupra yesterday but am finding the same issue. Carplay is not working... Can you provide details of where you got the chip and how it’s installed?

Sorry for late reply, missed notification somehow. I purchased usb socket from a dealer that installed full link software. Socket is pretty easy to change. You just get out old one using some pry tool or just with a credit card. Than pull out old cable from it, replace plastic adapter and insert it into a new socket, install all stuff the back and voila. It should work fine after that. Just make sure that the socket you buy has green cable adapter in it and your old one is dark red.

IL Cattivo

Apr 12, 2019
Oxford
When I picked up my 65 plate Leon FR (Tech Pack) 3 weeks ago, the dealer activated Full Link without any charge. I was expecting it not to have the function having read up that Full Link was only introduced to the SEAT range from 2017 onward.

Worked first time after plugging in my iPhone 8. Not even using an official apple lightning cable either..