FullLink Crashing

Woksin

Dec 13, 2017
Leicestershire
Hey,
Found a few problems with the media system which needs a sinple update. The problem I keep getting is when two usb phones are connected within the space of 5 seconds from
Each other ie, when you get in the car from going somewhere with your partner. The system just becomes very slow and then crashes and I can’t seem to get the system to do anything for a good few minutes. I keep pressing the power button and it eventually reboots itself. This keeps happening when I connect two phones and is a bit embarrassing when someone wants to play music.
The second thing is very related, if you take off the phones and leave one, to try and fix the problem, when it reboots and you connect the second phone it justs displays ‘reading usb’ and stays there until you manually go off apple play, like navigation and then back and it goes away.
I love the system but it justs needs a bug update!
Anyone else having problems?

Peter

Jan 5, 2018
West Sussex
We’ve not tried connecting two phones at the same time, but will give it a try tomorrow if you like to see if we have the same problem. Are you connecting both by USB, or one USB one Bluetooth? I haven’t used apple car play in it yet; I use the nav in the car and Spotify on my phone...

Woksin

Dec 13, 2017
Leicestershire
We’ve not tried connecting two phones at the same time, but will give it a try tomorrow if you like to see if we have the same problem. Are you connecting both by USB, or one USB one Bluetooth? I haven’t used apple car play in it yet; I use the nav in the car and Spotify on my phone...

Two both USB

rustyd0g

Jul 31, 2017
Edinburgh
As I mentioned in the other thread I picked my car up today and initially the Media System was working a treat. However when we were almost home on our way back from the dealership it froze up and the graphics on the display glitched as shown in the pics.

IMG_20180307_170708.jpg

IMG_20180307_170955.jpg

I initially forced the system to restart by holding the Power button for approx 10 seconds. When it restarted it worked fine for several minutes before locking up again. This happened several times before it just got stuck on the screen that flashes up with the SEAT logo when the unit is turned on. It now doesn't get past this when turned on.

Looks like I've got a dud unit. I was thinking I could try pulling the fuse for the media system to see if cutting power helps things, although maybe it's just best to take it back to the dealer without doing any tinkering.

Interestingly the reversing camera still works fine.

Will give them a call tomorrow and see what they say.

Last edited:

ayrshiredude

Dec 2, 2017
I have found sometimes that when I plug my phone in it tries to connect then the system seems to reboot then either eventually comes back on or sometimes just repeats the reboot. I have also had the corrupted graphics as well. Usually un plugging and restarting the phone helps.

farrar

Mar 18, 2005
It wouldn't be so bad if Seat actually released updates online on the UK website and let customers install them. A lot of other cars now update remotely and Seat are really behind in this instance. I'm totally sick of all the bugs/crashes on my 2015 Leon but tbh I didn't expect my new Ibiza to be much better.

Woksin

Dec 13, 2017
Leicestershire
I havent had any screen glitches so far fingers crossed It’s literally such an easy coding fix, someone could do it in a day. Sad ☹️

Peter

Jan 5, 2018
West Sussex
Thanks Peter

I couldn’t replicate your problem by plugging two phones in by USB (an iPhone X and an iPhone 8 in case that’s relevant) in quick succession. But I think one of them was already connected by Bluetooth as it automatically pairs when the ignitions on. I could see both phones as sources from the media men

rustyd0g

Jul 31, 2017
Edinburgh
As I mentioned in the other thread I picked my car up today and initially the Media System was working a treat. However when we were almost home on our way back from the dealership it froze up and the graphics on the display glitched as shown in the pics.

IMG_20180307_170708.jpg

IMG_20180307_170955.jpg

I initially forced the system to restart by holding the Power button for approx 10 seconds. When it restarted it worked fine for several minutes before locking up again. This happened several times before it just got stuck on the screen that flashes up with the SEAT logo when the unit is turned on. It now doesn't get past this when turned on.

Looks like I've got a dud unit. I was thinking I could try pulling the fuse for the media system to see if cutting power helps things, although maybe it's just best to take it back to the dealer without doing any tinkering.

Interestingly the reversing camera still works fine.

Will give them a call tomorrow and see what they say.
Heard back from the dealership today. The unit is faulty and will be replaced under warranty. They've ordered a new one and should be fitting it tomorrow.

Rowan83

Dec 5, 2017
Heard back from the dealership today. The unit is faulty and will be replaced under warranty. They've ordered a new one and should be fitting it tomorrow.

Lets hope the car remains intact around the screen.. seen this before on one of my previous cars and didnt quite go back together the same.

Peter

Jan 5, 2018
West Sussex
Lets hope the car remains intact around the screen.. seen this before on one of my previous cars and didnt quite go back together the same.

Good point... I wonder if the screen is an integral part of the unit? It’s not immediately obvious how you’d remove it... I know in the BMW the screen is separate from the infotainment unit itself.

rustyd0g

Jul 31, 2017
Edinburgh

Good point... I wonder if the screen is an integral part of the unit? It’s not immediately obvious how you’d remove it... I know in the BMW the screen is separate from the infotainment unit itself.

Just had a look on ERWIN. To remove the screen the dash trim panel 1st needs to be removed. Then a small tool is used to release the screen from the dash. Doesn't look very complicated so hopefully they'll manage without damaging anything.

Last edited:

rustyd0g

Jul 31, 2017
Edinburgh
In the workshop manual the screen is described as "Display unit 1 for multimedia system" and the unit in the glovebox with the CD & SD slots is described as "Multimedia system -RX7-". It's not clear if the screen is just a display / input device with the processing carried out in the in the glovebox unit. (I'm not sure what exactly they're replacing).

farrar

Mar 18, 2005
It’s the same as the Leon the screen is just a display unit. It’s likely they are replacing the main system in the glovebox.

rustyd0g

Jul 31, 2017
Edinburgh
It’s the same as the Leon the screen is just a display unit. It’s likely they are replacing the main system in the glovebox.
Car has just been delivered back by the dealership. It was the control unit in the glovebox that was replaced. Seems to be working fine now. Think I was just unlucky.

nokiauk

Feb 9, 2003
Edinburgh
Wife’s car has exhibited some CarPlay issues this morning phone just won’t connect tried different ports and turning off and rebooting system. Phone not found even if forcing manually via full link option. I think dealer is called for maybe her cars unit needs replaced or updated.