Further proof that 185BHP was a fib

porlus

I have a better comparison on cars. I was driving from York to Hull on friday night and ended up following the new FR (Im in a tfsi sport). There was a small dual carriage way coming up soon so I was hoping the FR dude would have some fun with me. And he didnt dissapoint. We both floored it at the same time and our distance remained a constant all the time. He decided to chill out once we reached a certain speed lol.
Conclusion, both cars appeared to be an equal match performance wise (and I had a full tank of fuel :D )

TimBarratt

Oct 6, 2004
Blandford
porlus said:
I have a better comparison on cars. I was driving from York to Hull on friday night and ended up following the new FR (Im in a tfsi sport). There was a small dual carriage way coming up soon so I was hoping the FR dude would have some fun with me. And he didnt dissapoint. We both floored it at the same time and our distance remained a constant all the time. He decided to chill out once we reached a certain speed lol.
Conclusion, both cars appeared to be an equal match performance wise (and I had a full tank of fuel :D )

Yep but to be honest 15bhp isn't going to make much of a difference on the road. If he had a full tank of fuel it would cancel it out. 15bhp is nothing, you wont notice it on the road.

fivetones

Jul 26, 2005
Cheshire
TimBarratt said:
15bhp is nothing, you wont notice it on the road.

It depends on the power delivery. If that 15BHP is at lower revs, say, then you'll notice it in the way that it's more punchy low down etc etc. If all you're doing is having 15 BHP at the top of the rev range then, unless you hoof it everywhere, you'll notice that a lot less.

I had a digifant golf gti 8v once that i had remapped by AmD. I got a miniscule amount of extra power but the change in the way that power was delivered made all the difference to the car.

strensall

May 14, 2005
YORK
porlus said:
Be carefull on that bit of track mate as the plod are there most days they hide in the petrol stn at the York end of the duel carriage way.

porlus

strensall said:
Be carefull on that bit of track mate as the plod are there most days they hide in the petrol stn at the York end of the duel carriage way.

cheers bud. I'll keep an eye out. well actually the sooner my girlfriend moves to york from hull the better lol.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members