Tell

Fuse 47 Location ?

Deleted member 98136

First time since having the car that I've been out in the rain today and I noted that the rear wiper didn't work, although the rear screenwash did.

Read thro' the handbook and its says its fuse no 47 rated at 15amp.

Does anyone know exactly its location in the fusebox ? , otherwise I'll check every 15amp rated fuse in there.
I do remember having a pic of my previous Leon's fusebox somewhere, which presumably is near enough the same, but I don;t think it the fuses locations where numbered.

Thanks

Tell

Staff member
First time since having the car that I've been out in the rain today and I noted that the rear wiper didn't work, although the rear screenwash did.

Read thro' the handbook and its says its fuse no 47 rated at 15amp.

Does anyone know exactly its location in the fusebox ? , otherwise I'll check every 15amp rated fuse in there.
I do remember having a pic of my previous Leon's fusebox somewhere, which presumably is near enough the same, but I don;t think it the fuses locations where numbered.

Thanks

The fuse box is behind the glove box. The glove box drops via fiddling a side fitting. There is a dampner that gives it the slow decent. That's unclipped then it just drops down. Think the pollen filter is behind there from memory as well so routine at service.

I've never got in there but others have - you need strong fingers. At release the manual never covered the access to the fuse box but was added in the second release of the manual. Turns out fair few Vag cars have them up their on RHD model.

Screenshot_20190924-164008.png
Screenshot_20190924-164017.png

Tell

Staff member
What a palarva just for a fuse box

They do it like that to save rewiring the car for RHD. My original dealer told me it was a non serviceable item and I didnt need to access it. i was interested since I'd spent 10 years avoiding paying to get my a.c. sorted in an Altea, I pulled fuse to reset it. Anyhow the Ateca has been fine in this respect although obviously you can always blow a fuse.

There is a YouTube video someone put up:

Deleted member 98136

The fuse box is behind the glove box. The glove box drops via fiddling a side fitting. There is a dampner that gives it the slow decent. That's unclipped then it just drops down. Think the pollen filter is behind there from memory as well so routine at service.

I've never got in there but others have - you need strong fingers. At release the manual never covered the access to the fuse box but was added in the second release of the manual. Turns out fair few Vag cars have them up their on RHD model.

View attachment 10124 View attachment 10125 .
Hi Tell,
I have been into the fusebox last week when I hard-wired my Dash cam, I can access that area again reasonably easy, now knowing what to do, but the layout of the fuses give give no clue as to what Number each fuse is for, all I know is its a 15amp fuse, pity the fuses don't have a number adjacent to them so as to give you idea as to what its for, (cross referencing a fuse using the handbook).
Thanks again.

Tell

Staff member
Hi Tell,
I have been into the fusebox last week when I hard-wired my Dash cam, I can access that area again reasonably easy, now knowing what to do, but the layout of the fuses give give no clue as to what Number each fuse is for, all I know is its a 15amp fuse, pity the fuses don't have a number adjacent to them so as to give you idea as to what its for, (cross referencing a fuse using the handbook).
Thanks again.

Searching the Erwin PDFs at the minute...

Deleted member 98136

They do it like that to save rewiring the car for RHD. My original dealer told me it was a non serviceable item and I didnt need to access it. i was interested since I'd spent 10 years avoiding paying to get my a.c. sorted in an Altea, I pulled fuse to reset it. Anyhow the Ateca has been fine in this respect although obviously you can always blow a fuse.

There is a YouTube video someone put up:

Tell,
Just looked at this Video, I now suspect I may have "piggybacked" the bottom 15amp fuse (as there are only two shown in this vid).
So I suppose I may have made the fault, will have a look and check, I was sure when I hard-wired the dashcam into my Leon that that was the fuse I'd piggybacked. :censored:

Deleted member 98136

Or this video, gives the locations assuming their left hand diagram is correct.

Thanks for that, raining now here in East Anglia, so looks like its a project for tomorrow afternoon !
Stephen

Reactions: Tell

Deleted member 98136

Tell, problem now resolved thanks to your vid and the diagram showing the fuses numbers.
Indeed as I suspected, I'd utilised the incorrect fuse slot, changed positions, now got my electrics working as they should,
Thanks a lot.

Reactions: Tell
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members