fuse compartment in a seat ibiza

seat_dude

Feb 2, 2008
Hello,

I drive a right hand drive seat ibiza 1.4, with the driver side on the right hand side obviously.

When i was leaving for work today, this $"!( 5p coin dropped right into the electric charge socket (cigerrete lighter). i think the 5p coin has fused the charger. have browsed through the forum and read that the fuse compartment is located under glove compartment.

any pictures of where it is exactly under the glove compartment( as i could nto find it.)? this is the glove copartment on the passenger side, correct? i think i felt a latch but am not sure.

any idea what sort of fuse do i need to buy, voltage-wise? i suppose it would be similar to the fuses used on the vw polo.

st10587

i only brake for cake!!!!
Oct 4, 2007
Hindhead
the fuse box is in the right hand side of the dash. you pop the side of the dash off to get to it. the fuse in there is (iirc) a 10amp mini fuse.

seat_dude

Feb 2, 2008
thanks for the reply.

you mean it is on the drivers side (right side) or the passengers side (left side).

knight85

Money spending clown
Dec 30, 2008
South East
drivers side if i remember rightly.....as you open the door its next to the air vent...just pop off the cover and the fuses are there...any idea what one you blew?

they are blade fuses but vary in ampage...so you will have to fdind whichj one is broken and then pop to halfords and buy a box of them...not expensive at all..copiuple of quid...i have blown loads when i was fitting my stereo!

Mar 16, 2008
Wiltshire / Bristol
Its on the drivers side. As said you need to prize the pannel off with a flat head screwdriver. Below is the best pick ive got;

P6110049-1.jpg

Ive arrowed the fuse for the cigarette lighter. Its 10A. Hope this helps:)

seat_dude

Feb 2, 2008
thanks for the replies guys. is it to the right of the air vent accessible only when the drivers door is open?

hey bezanick, thanks for the pic and pointing otu the location of the cigerrete lighter fuse.. which way is up? is the part of the car with screw shown in the picture, the door or the fuse compartment opened up.

i will pop in to halfords and buy the blade fuses. any other store which sells them?

Mar 16, 2008
Wiltshire / Bristol
The pic is taken with the door open looking at the end of the dash. The air vent is just at the top left of the pic - but out of sight. Any autofactors should have fuses, but halfords might be cheaper.

Mar 16, 2008
Wiltshire / Bristol
To help you understand where it is, ive found a pic looking at where the fusebox is, but on the passenger side. It is identical to the drives side - but without fuses. It has the cover removed.

P6110044.jpg

The black bit on the left is the door jam.

seat_dude

Feb 2, 2008
thanks for the replies guys.

it makes sense. will drop into halford and get the fuses.

while i was trying to get the damn 5p coin out of the cig lighter, my pen scraped the cig lighter, i suppose that would not damage the cig lighter, correct?

knight85

Money spending clown
Dec 30, 2008
South East
yea as you open the drivers side door, the fusebox cover is behind the vent as if your moving towards the bonnet. Just a flathead screwdriver will pop off the cover...make sure tyou get the correct blade fuses....as i got the wrong size ones.

seat_dude

Feb 2, 2008
thaks for the reply,

i thought the blade fuses came in one size.

i remember changing the fuse on my vw polo (same problem), and the size seemed to be standard.

knight85

Money spending clown
Dec 30, 2008
South East
hmmm..i thought they do a smaller size as well....anyways i got the wrong type and had to go back and change them....still very easy to change over! hope you get it fixed!

knight85

Money spending clown
Dec 30, 2008
South East
there you go...i was right....had a load of blade fuses for my amps but they were wrong size, they were the 'normal' blades. However i picked up the mini ones cheaply

Mar 16, 2008
Wiltshire / Bristol
The ibiza uses a mixture of the mini and normal size fuses. The one for the cigarette lighter is a STANDARD size (see the pic in my above post). However it might be a good idea to get a selection of mini fuses to keep in the car for an emergancy.

justjoe

Beezanick, can you show me on your pick which fuse is for the heater/blower/aircon?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.