Gap between DP & Turbo

Essex_Cupra

May 14, 2004
Its only a tiny gap but i can feel air coming out between the turbo and DP shall i tighten it up or get the DP re fitted with a new gasket?

When my miltek dp & race cat was first fitted car went very well.. still goes well now just not so much kick and i'm wondering if the gap under full load will get bigger therefore losing power?

nick s

256bhp & 282lbs/ft
Dec 9, 2005
yes, the gap will probably get bigger under load, due to the amount of pressure going through there. deifnately get a new gasket. that will be losing you a fair bit of power.

Jonzy

Mine was fitted by that bunch of cowboys guesstec, without a gasket. It was noisey as ****! Only when I replaced the turbo myself did I find out!

Essex_Cupra

May 14, 2004
Mine was fitted twice in the end! Both c**p jobs obviously!

Nope no noise from it so can't be that bad!

Can anyone recommend a friend or quality fitter so it can be done and finished!

Think less power could be becuase I need a jabba re-map because its a ko3s.

Jonzy

If your handy with a spanner mate do it yourself, its a myth its hard!

nick s

256bhp & 282lbs/ft
Dec 9, 2005
when we did my downpipe at the weekend we needed to snap a spanner to get to one of the bolts. only try it if you have a decent socket set etc because it's quite fiddly and requires extension bars etc.,, but not really that hard

Essex_Cupra

May 14, 2004
I'm sure my next door neighbour will have something! Although i still will need a new gasket I think i'll just do the thing up tight at the moment and see how it goes!

Last edited:

Essex_Cupra

May 14, 2004
Just to give you a final update:- I took it to Seat yesterday and they have re-fitted the whole lot including new gaskets aswell cost me £60 but its probably the best £60 as now it really sounds superb and goes alot better.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise