Gap between head unit and shelf/cubby hole below?

oli h

Nov 25, 2007
Ive just fitted my Alpine CDA-9855r headunit from my previous car and there's a gap between the shelf and headunit! It previously had a Blaupunkt Madeira headunit in which the previous owner must have fitted with a hammer and chisel! Im guessing once apon a time there was a dividing piece seperating the shelf and HU but its been cut out, im pretty sure they've also been cutting bits off the shelf too! :wtf:

Has anyone any pic's of a similar headunit fitted or maybe a pic of shelf with no bits cut off?

Any help would be much appreciated!

oli h

Nov 25, 2007
Thanks for the welcome! I only got my Ibiza 2 weeks ago and ive found this forum very helpful already. I'll try and get a photo up tonight if possible although im pretty useless when it comes to uploading photo's!

Ric 2001

Need an ID-ten-T form
If my head unit was flush with the dash then this picture is what it looks like....
A bit rubbish and exaggerated but.....
Image010-2.jpg

Only thing I can suggest is... if you've bolted it it at the back then....... pull the tray out and unwind the nut until the HU sits flush with the tray.

Mine is only looks covered because the HU has a tilt function....

Last edited:

oli h

Nov 25, 2007
Ok im still pretty useless when it comes to adding photo's! I'll try and sort them out after work.....

oli h

Nov 25, 2007
Im not sure to be honest, ive the tilted the screen to hide the gap a bit more like suggested but im a bit fussy when comes to things looking factory :D

Aimez

with mine having wires everywhere out the back fro the sub ect i litrally had the use my foot to puch the heaunit and tray in! Ihave mine the other way around though so the cup holder can be used without it getting in the way of the buttons and as there is more room for wires at the back.

oli h

Nov 25, 2007
Er yeh........I didn't notice that until I put the pic's up, its got to come out again so I can fit the ipod interface or at least thats my poor excuse for not putting it in properly in the first place! :D

oli h

Nov 25, 2007
Just been out and had a quick look, not much better now the shelfs clipped in properly :(

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise