Gap Under Stereo Unit?

Kingsley

http://www.carkeys.co.uk/images/cm_images/seat/ibiza/stibi024.jpg

As you can see in this picture.

Anyone have any idea what this gap could be used for? I don't really know why it's there, i'm guessing an addition option would have been fitted there.

Whats the best use for it? Take the whole lot out and put a screen there? :D Not really the option i want to take, but i'm willing to listen to suggestions!

Sorry, not a car nut myself, but I figure a lot of you would know what to do with it! And I've had a search around but can't find anything to do with that gap.
Thanks all,
Alex

zippyprorider

Feeling the power!!!
Dec 26, 2005
wack an mfd unit like ive done in the spot! Great stereo and a 1200 seat option for 300 quid off ebay!

Andy

Ol' Timer

Jun 20, 2004
Norfolk
SEAT make a CD holder which fits straight in there. It's quite expensive and only holds four CDs though.

I'm not sure but I think some Fabia owners have fitted a Polo drawer which fits the space in the Skoda. I don't know if that would fit an Ibiza.

Kingsley

Ahh excellent, didn't know that Seat had a CD Drawer which you can buy...although what a stupidly expensive price for a little compartment..

Tempted with a Double din head unit, although I wouldn't know how to install it, so i'd have to get that done..wouldn't be too confident taking out the built in head unit..it was easy enough to do in my old Saxo, but that wasn't all built in!

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
this one is well cheep and comes with a gamma head unit that you could sell on
Chuck in the bin more like, they're crap, got one in my Passat :(
Although my CD player is boot mounted.

I used to have one of the Seat CD holders in my Ibiza, like has been said, they only hold 4 CDs but fill a hole and look OK.

Kingsley

Tempted with the 6 CD Changer, although I think I would rather get my iPod connected with the Dension Ice kit, which means no CD changer..anyone seen anyone do anything cool to use the little compartment as an iPod keepsafe?

Tom B

Apr 2, 2002
Northampton
I think you can still use the dash changer with an Icelink as it uses a separate cable. I'm probably very wrong as I don't know how the HU will react.

Last edited:

hon_n_gem

Candy White K1
Mar 22, 2006
Kent
www.auto-tuner.co.uk
try something like the kenwood ddx-6029, amazing screen and you can pick them up for £400 or so! i was gonna go for that, but i thought ild get one that goes back into the din! and i have face off that may deter a few people!

Oct 17, 2006
Mid Wales
I think you can still use the dash changer with an Icelink as it uses a separate cable. I'm probably very wrong as I don't know how the HU will react.

Sorry - you are wrong :D

The Denison hooks in on the same connector as the cd changer, so its one or the other :(

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
a nice screen with sat nav on it sky t.v and all the gadgets was what i was gonna slip in that empty slot butdecided to spend my £2k on other things in the end :)

air121005

Sep 28, 2006
Worcestershire
the stereo is easy to take out.. but then i have removal keys lol yeah the 6 disk changer will be fine!! there is a special adapter that goes into the back of the alana so easy...

this one is well cheep and comes with a gamma head unit that you could sell on, its just the bottom bit that you want and it plugs into the back of your alana head unit like a normal 6 disk changer

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VW-Gamma-and-...DVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item260095840486

or type vw in dash 6 disk changer on ebay

i have bought an indash cd changer, having problems getting the correct lead.

what leads do i need to link the indash cd changer to the standard alana H/U?

part no's greatly appreciated! :D

Nov 27, 2006
www.cardomain.com
What kind of connections has it got on the back ?

The single CD player has a lead with the blue plug on the end already attached

....and you can daisychain a changer/Denison Icelink through it ;)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.